Author Topic: Generate a quick colored Procedural layer  (Read 1846 times)

I was wondering if there is a way to generate a colored procedural layer such as in MARI, you only have to create a procedural layer and then pick any colors you want for that.
I do love SP very much, very powerful and super quick. I've been only wondering if it was a procedural layer when you can only pick between two colors or maybe more.

for me, if I want to create something like a cow skin (but of course not in black and white) with colors like blue and yellow for example, I have to create a fill layer with blue then above that layer I will create another fill layer but this time with yellow, add a mask to that yellow fill layer, then add a fill to that mask with the procedural noise for example. in this way I can create a colored procedural layer.

Is there another or an easy way to do that other than that? they mentioned gradient filter but I couldn't figure out how to do it!!!

Thank you.

We have the gradient filter in the shelf that allow to colorize noises. Here are some steps to setup it :

1 - Create a fill layer
2 - Load the noise that you want into the BaseColor/Diffuse channel slot
3 - Add a filter effect on the content of the layer
4 - In the filter, load the "Gradient" effect
5 - Tweak the color parameter of the "gradient" filter to get the result that you want.

This is a quick way to colorize noises. Your method can still be interesting in the case you want to blend different channels (roughness, metallic, and so on) and not just the Base Color.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thank you so much
It worked with me pretty well, I really appreciate that.