Author Topic: Iray - Yebis issue  (Read 1963 times)

Hello,

Been testing out iray in SP2, hoping to use it for creating some marketing renders. I have come across an issue where if I turn on Yebis post effect in the iray viewer my render goes black. Works completely fine in the standard 3D viewer.

I have reset all the settings within Yebis and no matter what I do the render stays completely black.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Benjamin Thomas
Lead Artist
Firefly Studios

updating my gfx drivers seems to have fixed the issue. 

Another issue I have found is that its not remembering some render settings once I re open the file. Some settings seem to save and others not, it remembers what Environment map I was using but not the fact I was using a clear colour.

Another issue I have found is that its not remembering some render settings once I re open the file. Some settings seem to save and others not, it remembers what Environment map I was using but not the fact I was using a clear colour.
We are looking into this issue.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I've also noticed that the iray render view tends to be "unreliable". Especially the first time you bring the window up on a specific render. You see the render image for one or two frames, then it goes black. The only way I've found to reliably get it to come back and render all the iterations properly is to click the "override resolution" button and then click it again to turn it back off.

I will see if it seems to be linked to the yebis effects.

EDIT: Yes, definitely having Post Effects activated is the source of the issue. Disabling the Post Effects causes the iray rendering viewport to work reliably. Enabling it again causes the screen to go black again. Running on v364.51 (latest) nvidia drivers.
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 01:49:57 pm

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Here's a log file, the last iray render had the issue come up where the screen went black after starting the render