Author Topic: Unreasonable Upgrade Price  (Read 14127 times)

Yeah also got email, not like it was problem for me. 

Its just another thing that make's me love allegorithmic <3

I'm surprised by this, and impressed... I don't think there are very many companies who would do this.
3D art is magic.

Same here, I was shocked in a good way by their gesture.

Personally the $99 price tag did not bother me. But this shows that they care and listen to their community.

Thank you Allegorithmic.
Cheers,

MightyMarcos

A quick stop by to say thank you for the price drop.  I have been very impressed with how this was handled, and how the community was listened to.  Very few other companies would take such action and I think that it shouldn't go unnoticed. So Thank you very much. :)

I'm always amazed by the people at Allegorithmic. I can't think of a single other company that would do this. The price didn't even bother me that much, and the price drop puts it where I expected it to be in the first place. I just hope Allegorithmic won't be too hurt financially because of it.

Another big thank you for the price drop! Like I mentioned in other posts the initial $99 was a bit disappointing but as I read more,  watched more about the updated features I had certainly come full circle. I paid the $99 and was happy. I'm very impressed with the price drop and do very much appreciate the consideration! I promise to spend the refund at the store! Ha ha!  ;D

Thanks again!
Daf

By the way you will get a refund apparently. :)

All the refunds have been issued (big thanks to our accounting department for the extra work ;)), you should receive them in the next 10 days.
Head of Product Management

Well that is really incredible.... I am deeply shocked... Bravo. and Thank you.  :D
The only thing I am missing now is paypal chackout...  :-[ but still... that is great...
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 06:52:25 pm

I'm really sorry to see that Allegorithmic got such backlash from this. It's a shame to see that the entitlement of gamers has bled into game developers. $100 is too much for a major upgrade and all subsequent patches for that version? Seriously? I would guarantee most people spend more on take-out food or beer per month and don't think twice.

Everyone complaining about this should be ashamed of themselves. You clearly have no idea what goes into making software like this, and you're in for a rude awakening if/when you ever get a job actually making games.

Yes, nice move from Allegorithmic. As soon as paypal payment is available, I'm in ! :)

Everyone complaining about this should be ashamed of themselves.

No one should ever feel ashamed of speaking their mind on a subject. If you feel the initial upgrade price was reasonable just say so. There's no need to be judgmental or scold anyone else for having a different opinion.  ;)

Yes, nice move from Allegorithmic. As soon as paypal payment is available, I'm in ! :)

Should be back within 1 or 2 weeks (fingers crossed).
Head of Product Management

Thanks you Allegorithmic it is very much appreciated.

I'm really sorry to see that Allegorithmic got such backlash from this. It's a shame to see that the entitlement of gamers has bled into game developers. $100 is too much for a major upgrade and all subsequent patches for that version? Seriously? I would guarantee most people spend more on take-out food or beer per month and don't think twice.

Everyone complaining about this should be ashamed of themselves. You clearly have no idea what goes into making software like this, and you're in for a rude awakening if/when you ever get a job actually making games.

I don't spend anything on Take-Out Food, Beer or any Luxury, I haven't been on a holiday in over 10 years do you know why because I cant afford it, I live on an incredibly tight budget, I actually make games for a living and make very little from it so when I feel stressed out about going over my budget again I am going to voice my opinion it can be listened to or ignored but it should never be attacked.

While its true no one is forcing anyone to upgrade (although that also means any development on version 1.x stops which isn't an appealing idea having only had the software for 2 months) no one is forcing Allegorithmic to lower the upgrade price either, people leaving a few opinions on a forum isn't going to influence any company into doing something they cant afford to do.
The price drop simply shows how much Allegorithmic values its customers and their opinions.

Should be back within 1 or 2 weeks (fingers crossed).

Can't wait. BTW, and a bit off topic but I've also got a notification that 3D-mouse support had started. Another great move. I've been waiting for this since the very beginning. With 8K coming also, these are exciting times.

D3V

@ thephobos - WellSaid & Agreed  ..no simple reply could debate that. ;)

@Daf57;  ur missing the point if you think it's about "opinions" and being able to voice them.. so missing the point. :/
..maybe you will understand it sometime in the coming days/months/weeks/years. We have hope for you becoming a respected dev who respects others' dev. ;)  [ these were genuine words, nothing meant to be offensive ]

---
I have to wonder if most of the ppl who complain don't understand what R&D is..and how time consuming developing new software really is.
---

// potential 3D-mouse support ?
THIS WOULD BE FECKING(irish style) AWESOME!!! 
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 11:30:27 pm