Author Topic: Confused about substance live upgrade or no upgrade available?  (Read 2408 times)

I seem to be in the same boat as others here,

I paid in full for Substance Live 2015 in March 2015
I haven't received an email with any info about Live 2016
I also cannot access any of the Live 2015 monthly drops

The only thing I can see on my account is the option to start paying $19.90 monthly or pay $99 to upgrade to Painter 2, this second option sounds like I would no longer be on Live then.

It seems strange that if I was paying monthly from the start I could be using Painter 2.0 now, but by paying up front I cant without paying more

Maybe it was explained in the email I didn't get  ;)

Sorry I am just confused and looking forward to using Painter 2

Simon

Hey simon.davies3d,

no needs to say sorry. This could've been explained better before changing something, indeed.
If you've bought Substance Live (or Painter 1) after February 1 you'll get Substance Painter 2 for free, I believe. You don't need to pay for it another time.
It should be available for you in the downloads section.

The Substance Monthly Drops are now cancelled and for free available on Substance Share.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I actually purchased Live in March 2015. I had just thought there might be an upgrade path from Live 2015 to Live 2016 if people had paid in full.

So just to finally be sure, to continue with Live 2016 I need to start paying the monthly payment?

Thanks again for your help, I'm sure you are all busy at the moment ;)

Hey pixelsim,

you can go to https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/upgrade to upgrade your Substance Painter 1 License for $99, you don't need to pay monthly, but you can, if you want to.

Best Regards

Hey pixelsim,

you can go to https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/upgrade to upgrade your Substance Painter 1 License for $99, you don't need to pay monthly, but you can, if you want to.

Best Regards

If I already have SP1, SD5 and so on and I want to upgrade to SP2 via monthly payments,  how many payments would I have to make? 

Hey bournephysio,

when you Subscribe with a monthly payment you have access to Substance Painter 2 instantly. To own the software, though, you would need to pay at least a total of $149. You can get the definitive license after 8 Months. If you subscribe today, for example, you'll be able to get the definitive license at November 17th.

Best Regards

Hey bournephysio,

when you Subscribe with a monthly payment you have access to Substance Painter 2 instantly. To own the software, though, you would need to pay at least a total of $149. You can get the definitive license after 8 Months. If you subscribe today, for example, you'll be able to get the definitive license at November 17th.

Best Regards

Ok thanks.  At that price, I'd be better off paying on a credit card and paying that off monthly.