Author Topic: Mapping Substance outputs to custom shaders?  (Read 5884 times)

Answered on the Unity forum.

i'm sorry to bring up an old post, but this gets me to where i'm at. I was frustrated with the conflicting parameters and the way substance the outputs are handled inside of unity.
From this thread, I understand I create a new material, assign a custom shader and drag the substance outputs into it that are needed.
But what about all of the Property Inputs? They could be different for each substance, that would get complicated quick. Has anyone worked through this? Is there a shader I can start with? An example or additional reading? Thanks.

The parameters will still only appear on the substance inspector of the actual substance material, so your custom material will be free from substance parameters and you can go and tweak those substance directly in their own inspector.

The parameters will still only appear on the substance inspector of the actual substance material, so your custom material will be free from substance parameters and you can go and tweak those substance directly in their own inspector.

Is this still the case ? The proposed workaround means you need one substance shader in lib per object with different parameters, pretty hard to maintain.

Is this still the case ? The proposed workaround means you need one substance shader in lib per object with different parameters, pretty hard to maintain.

With the new plugin, we create an substance graph object. This houses the parameters and you can create your own materials/shaders and drag the substance textures to the inputs. Then just use the graph object to get to the parameters.
https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/integrations/Changing+parameters

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja