Author Topic: No monthly payment option to upgrade  (Read 4539 times)

Okay... What constitutes a valid proof of purchase? I mean, you already have all the data on our purchases and licenses, what further proof do you need?

Hey padamowicz,

I think it is safer to attach the E-mail or something like that, but you're right: Allegorithmic got the information anyway.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Alrighty then, thanks :)

I pay $20.00 a month for indie.

If I download Painter 2 they just take $20.00 out longer , another 5 months ?

They will not take take $100.00 all at one time ?

I never have $100.00 in my bank account at one time. So a $100.00 would bounce a check.

Thanks
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:55:18 pm

I've bought my painter license on Steam. I like the convenience of Steam and I'd like to continue using it, but I don't feel like waiting until next week to upgrade. If I upgrade on the Allegorithmic website today, will I get a Steam code next week?

Yes, you can ask for a Steam key next week.
Head of Product Management

I pay $20.00 a month for indie.

If I download Painter 2 they just take $20.00 out longer , another 5 months ?

They will not take take $100.00 all at one time ?

I never have $100.00 in my bank account at one time. So a $100.00 would bounce a check.

Thanks

The payments are $19.90 per month, not more :)

Hey Epithumia,

you'll get Substance Painter 2 for free if you've bought it after February 1 I believe. You don't need to pay again for it.

Best Regards

Thanks, but it was 14 February, Painter 2 is not in my licenses, and my account offers me the $99 Upgrade.
I tried installing and activating it and it says there's no license available from my account.

Oh, and it trashed my SP1.7 installation even though I used a different install folder.

Epi

The licenses for people who purchased after February 1st will be available in the coming days on their account.

@Epithumia you should contact Allegorithmic with a proof of purchase either via email or the contact form.

Best Regards

The Contact form doesn't allow attachments (for proof of purchase).
What's the contact email address, please?

Epi

The licenses for people who purchased after February 1st will be available in the coming days on their account.

Hi,

I'm not clear on whether this is just folks you bought SP after 1 February, or also folks you bought Live (outright, not subscription) after 1 February.

I'm not so bothered about the $99 upgrade fee, as I am about the feeling that I might have wasted money on Live.

Epi

Hey Epithumia,

you will get Substance Painter 2 instantly when one of the following two conditions is true for you:
- You bought Substance Painter after February 1st, 2016
- You have an active Substance Live monthly subscription

The Monthly subscription does only need to be active, no matter when it started originally.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Ah, so not me, and I did waste my money last month.   :(
I was mainly paying for access to Substance Live Monthly drops that suddenly became free before I'd even got round to using them.

This is why I said on page 1: "I'm hoping that Allegorithmic will throw a bigger bone to those of us who went Live last month."

Epi
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:37:31 am

I'm not clear on whether this is just folks you bought SP after 1 February, or also folks you bought Live (outright, not subscription) after 1 February.

It's also for you as well!
This is for the persons who got a license of Substance Painter, no matter how, after February 1st.
You should get your free license next week, if that's not the case feel free to contact us.

Cheers,

It's also for you as well!
This is for the persons who got a license of Substance Painter, no matter how, after February 1st.
You should get your free license next week, if that's not the case feel free to contact us.

Cheers,

Ah, but I already HAD a license for Substance Painter from before 1 February.  Live got me a Designer upgrade (which I was in two minds about getting) and access to Substance Live monthy drops (which are now free).

So I'm still not sure that I qualify.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting to get Painter 2 free, but also I didn't expect Monthly Drops to become free just after I paid for them.

Epi
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 09:36:05 am

It all is very confusing... But if I am right, I purchased SP at the very beginning on steam and therefore I feel myself as backer. Later  I have purchased whole indie suite (designer and B2M) and even later (in october 2015) I have paied another 50 usd to be Live member and have access to exclusive allegorithmic content available now on Substance Share for Free... (sic!) So presume I have no right to get any benefit, no sale price for upgrade, no nothing...? Dont take me wrong, I am really content with SP2, even the iray renderer is great and probably worth the money... but since there is no paypal option to pay it still will cost me 20 usd more due some stupid european taxes. So I wonder if I can really count on that, I will receive one of the three available mood pack? Or should I wait more for pay pal option to appear soon?

Hi,

Paypal is just a means of payment, it does not change anything regarding the VAT to pay.
We are going to put Paypal back, but it won't change anything regarding the VAT, which is based on the country you are living in.

Cheers,