Author Topic: Substance Painter 2 upgrade more expensive than Designer  (Read 4123 times)

Hi
yes 99$ is too expensive than i use my 3dcoat for that things works same and cost as education same than this Update

best

Andre

Hey nmargie,

why do you think the people paying on a monthly basis are preferred? What benefits they have you have not?

Best Regards

I believe we settled many of the concerns in another thread but

1. Monthly users still have live while those who paid one time not only no longer have it, but are given no reason as to why
   1a. Live was taken away from us last week without any explanation
2. Paying member got emails telling them  the cost of SP2 before Wednesday while those who paid once were left in the dark
3. It appears that when a paying member ask a question there is an official response, yet when someone who paid one time there appears to be no one wanting to answer the question
        3a. I have been asking for the past day two questions.
                   1. Is my live gone or is it coming back
                   2. Will there be an option to upgrade to SP2 using monthly payment like there was in the past
          The only answer I got for question 2 got was "Go to the live and it is there" when it was not there. The problem was that you were correct it is there but Allegorithmic changed the way it works (without wanting to tell us) and you can not upgrade to live using a monthly payment if you already own some of the tools. Which is a big change compared to the live will be a yearly thing you guys mentioned not to long ago
          The only answer I ever got for question 1 was an un official response from you only after I got ****** off that no one was answering simple question like these

Look at the forums,
 When a paid user ask something, like what happened to my account, they get an un official answer from you. Which is not your fault at least you are answering the questions.       
   But if a paying user ask something no matter how minor Allegorithmic is right there with an official answer.

As I said before if Allegorithmic took as much time communicating with their customers as they do asking for money. Plans change we all get that, we are adults we can take it.  Did you killed the live program, is that it you have no clue what you are going to do with it? Just be up front and tell us. Will some people be upset? Sure but I would rather be told up front then spend days thinking
     "Should I buy SP2 now or should I wait in the event my live account is reactivated and I can do the monthly payments?"
Of course if I was a monthly customer I would have my 'official" answers

In any event my concerns where mostly addressed and I will be upgrading in a bit
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:05:55 am

I believe we settled many of the concerns in another thread but

1. Monthly users still have live while those who paid one time not only no longer have it, but are given no reason as to why
   1a. Live was taken away from us last week without any explanation
2. Paying member got emails telling them  the cost of SP2 before Wednesday while those who paid once were left in the dark
3. It appears that when a paying member ask a question there is an official response, yet when someone who paid one time there appears to be no one wanting to answer the question
        3a. I have been asking for the past day two questions.
                   1. Is my live gone or is it coming back
                   2. Will there be an option to upgrade to SP2 using monthly payment like there was in the past
          The only answer I got for question 2 got was "Go to the live and it is there" when it was not there. The problem was that you were correct it is there but Allegorithmic changed the way it works (without wanting to tell us) and you can not upgrade to live using a monthly payment if you already own some of the tools. Which is a big change compared to the live will be a yearly thing you guys mentioned not to long ago
          The only answer I ever got for question 1 was an un official response from you only after I got ****** off that no one was answering simple question like these

Look at the forums,
 When a paid user ask something, like what happened to my account, they get an un official answer from you. Which is not your fault at least you are answering the questions.       
   But if a paying user ask something no matter how minor Allegorithmic is right there with an official answer.

As I said before if Allegorithmic took as much time communicating with their customers as they do asking for money. Plans change we all get that, we are adults we can take it.  Did you killed the live program, is that it you have no clue what you are going to do with it? Just be up front and tell us. Will some people be upset? Sure but I would rather be told up front then spend days thinking
     "Should I buy SP2 now or should I wait in the event my live account is reactivated and I can do the monthly payments?"
Of course if I was a monthly customer I would have my 'official" answers

In any event my concerns where mostly addressed and I will be upgrading in a bit

Hi,

I already answered in some other threads, I'm sorry if I missed your questions:
1a. Live was taken away from us last week without any explanation: Live was not "taken away" from you. We just decided to give the monthly drops free to everybody on Substance Share. That being said, I totally admit we communicated poorly about it.

2. Paying member got emails telling them the cost of SP2 before Wednesday while those who paid once were left in the dark
-> That's not true. We sent an email explaining they would have some changes in their payment plan, but we didn't give any price about SP2.

3  1. Is my live gone or is it coming back -> As I explained above, everybody has now access to the monthly drops, so there is no more "Live status".

-> You have 2 ways to get Substance Painter 2. Either pay the upgrade price in full payment, or use Substance Live and always be up-to-date. In this case, the price is the same as a full version.
The reason we did this is that it was *really* complicated to handle all the cases for the upgrades, we were having more than 50 different cases (Sp1, Sp2, SD5, SD2, SD3, SD4, B2M1, B2M2, B2M3, etc.), so we decided to make everything much easier for everybody.

If you have any questions regarding your personal case, feel free to contact us at contact@allegorithmic.com. We answered to 99% of the emails in less than 24 hours (although it makes hundreds of emails per day during GDC...).

I hope it makes things more clear, and I will be happy to discuss them with you.
Nicolas
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:13:42 am
Head of Product Management

I'm not sure, though, if you'll be able to choose the one you like or if you just get one.

Gosh, I would hope we get to choose the one we prefer!   :o

Hm I agree with Liatti for most parts, while I understand situations like this always stretch personal and some people will never get optimum service. Oh well.

[/quote]

I got the emails yesterday, which set a lot of things straight. I have, well had, no issue with the 100 price, and understand, in regards to live, that plans change.

As I said on the SP steam forum, it is good to see that Allegorithmic finally let the customers know what was going on