Author Topic: SP2 - Cant open, save, new file after first project is open.  (Read 1292 times)

Once I open my first project in SP2, I can then no longer open a new file, old file, save or exit. The program just doesn't register the selections, Acts like nothing has been pressed.

Have to force exit using task manager.

Its really choking all resources too on a basic project with little to nothing going on.

Win 7 Pro 64x
Intel Core i7 6700
16gb DDR5
GTX 960 2GB

While writing this post 5mins+ later, All my shelf files refreshed and the dialogue for closing/saving my current project popped up. So I think this has something to do with large shelves maybe? I dunno. I have probably got 35+ custom materials.

Once my shelf had fully refreshed, seems faster than ever tbh. But on load its taking 5-10mins for the shelf to sort itself out.

Your shelf was probably recomputing some thumbnails, which block the file open/close and exit of the application until it's done.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Yup, Working breazy now even on launch.

Feel free to delete this post unless it will be helpful to anyone else.