Author Topic: Substance Live user, how do i get Substance 2.0?  (Read 2919 times)

Cheers.

So i understand that there is a way that i can aquire 2.0 as a live user instead of 1.x , now that you changed the subscription type to me just having a wallet, will i not be able to use 2.0?

If you do not mind me asking

Are you paying a monthly fee for your live or did you do the one time payment? I seen people who are making the payments on here saying they got an email stating if they extend 5 months they get Painter 2. Then I see people like myself that paid a one time fee have live removed from their accounts

I believe that live 2015 or what ever they call it ended for those who paid it off. I could be wrong

In any event if you did pay off your live you should be able to upgrade to 2 for 100

i was still paying it off, but the system seems to have got converted to something else so now it just says i have 180$ available and the paying off bar has dissapeared so i figured i could possibly just buy the substance 2 but its not under the available buy off products on the page.

"Accumulated payments: 179.10
Each monthly payments accumulates an equivalent amount in a virtual wallet, allowing you to acquire a definitive license of the software."

But if i click buy license Substance 2 is not an option

Hey slemfiskz,

if you went with the Monthly Payment method you'll get Substance Painter 2 instantly. After paying $149 you can own either Substance Designer or Substance Painter. For $99 you'll get Bitmap 2 Material. The Entire Substance package will cost you $299.
You can upgrade to Substance Painter 2 if you bought Substance Painter 1 upfront here: https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/upgrade

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hey slemfiskz,

if you went with the Monthly Payment method you'll get Substance Painter 2 instantly. After paying $149 you can own either Substance Designer or Substance Painter. For $99 you'll get Bitmap 2 Material. The Entire Substance package will cost you $299.
You can upgrade to Substance Painter 2 if you bought Substance Painter 1 upfront here: https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/upgrade

Best Regards

oh allright i must have gotten something mixed up then :b i guess i can just download it under my licenses, i just got throw off by the fact that there is that virtual wallet now and i cant instantly buy the full version of substance 2 thru it.

so what have me confused is that earlier i could decide an amount that i was paying and i could pay the remaining, also the combined amount for all software seemed to be cheaper so the subscription i signed up for was significantly different than what it changed to, i assume i now need ~ 350 dollars to get the 3 pieces of software and then another 100 to get substance 2, by then there will probably be something else that needs upgrading and ill be stuck in the payment loop forever :D
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:10:09 pm

Hey slemfiskz,

I'm not sure I understood. You will get the whole Substance package after paying $299.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

If I use my accumulated payments to get a permanent Substance Painter 1 license, can I then use my remaining accumulated payments, if I have enough remaining, to upgrade my version 1 license to a Substance Painter 2 license?

If I use my accumulated payments to get a permanent Substance Painter 1 license, can I then use my remaining accumulated payments, if I have enough remaining, to upgrade my version 1 license to a Substance Painter 2 license?

Accumulated payments cannot be used for Upgrades. They can be used only for products, that you already fully paid. That's why Substance Painter 2 will be available for a definitive license only in November (8 months after the release).

Cheers,
Head of Product Management