Author Topic: No monthly payment option to upgrade  (Read 4385 times)

Hey Epithumia,

you'll get Substance Painter 2 for free if you've bought it after February 1 I believe. You don't need to pay again for it.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Thanks, Fabian :) But you've still not addressed the Indie Live issue. I don't understand what happened to it? All I've got in my account now is the option to upgrade to SP2 for $99 - no mention of my Live. Is there not going to be a "Live" any more? I sure wish I had know that when I bought it - I would have saved myself $100!  >:(
I dont have enough people words to make it understand you the way it understands me

Hey Daf57,

Substance Live is still a thing, but I don't know why it says 'No Subscription' in the Account, even if you had paid for it, sorry for that.
For what exactly did you pay the $100? I'm pretty sure you can either get it back or not wasted it. :)

Best Regards

I guess I'm just confused - I wish I had gotten the e-mail explaining it - I've got an e-mail into support. Maybe they can straighten me out. :)

Thanks!
I dont have enough people words to make it understand you the way it understands me

Hey Daf57,

I hope that, good luck :)

Best Regards

Hey Daf57,

Substance Live is still a thing, but I don't know why it says 'No Subscription' in the Account, even if you had paid for it, sorry for that.
For what exactly did you pay the $100? I'm pretty sure you can either get it back or not wasted it. :)

Best Regards

So let me ask

I paid a one time fee in Feb 2016 to upgrade my painter to substance live. Live is no longer on my account, Are you saying for people like me it should still be there?

Also are you saying, in one of your earlier post, that the only way to upgrade to Painter 2 is via one time payment; no monthly payment option?

I've bought my painter license on Steam. I like the convenience of Steam and I'd like to continue using it, but I don't feel like waiting until next week to upgrade. If I upgrade on the Allegorithmic website today, will I get a Steam code next week?

I've bought my painter license on Steam. I like the convenience of Steam and I'd like to continue using it, but I don't feel like waiting until next week to upgrade. If I upgrade on the Allegorithmic website today, will I get a Steam code next week?

Yeah I bought painter 1 on steam and linked my accounts. I asked for a non-steam key and they gave it to me.
latter I upgraded to live on their site and asked for steam keys and they gave them to me

My understanding is that they will give you steam keys unless you are making monthly payments. In which case you have to be paid in full before getting keys

Thanks. I'd really like someone from Allegorithmic to confirm that this is still the case though :)

True a lot has changed but just to give you reference

I bought painter on steam in Oct 2015 linked my account then
I upgraded to live (using this site) in Feb 2016

I got steam keys for Designer 5 and B2m3 (already had on for painter) two weeks ago

So unless something has changed it should be good

Hey guys,

you will still be provided with Steam Keys when purchasing it on the Allegorithmic website. Nothing has changed here. :)
@nmargie you should still be able to pay monthly for Substance Painter 2. I'm not sure about the Account Page though. If you've paid for Substance Live it should show something, I guess. Mine shows nothing, too, but I've never paid monthly. I don't know if there are differences, sorry.

Best Regards

I paid upfront as well, never did the monthly thing

I was thinking of doing it for painter 2 if it was (or will be) an option

Guess I will give it a few days

Hey guys,

you will still be provided with Steam Keys when purchasing it on the Allegorithmic website. Nothing has changed here. :)

Thanks for your reply! Upgraded :)

Will the codes be sent out automatically once SP2 is on Steam, or do I need to email support to specifically ask like last time?
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:09:32 pm

Hey Epithumia,

you'll get Substance Painter 2 for free if you've bought it after February 1 I believe. You don't need to pay again for it.

Best Regards

Thanks, but it was 14 February, Painter 2 is not in my licenses, and my account offers me the $99 Upgrade.
I tried installing and activating it and it says there's no license available from my account.

Oh, and it trashed my SP1.7 installation even though I used a different install folder.

Epi
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:15:38 pm

Hey guys,

you would need to contact Allegorithmic for the Steam keys with a proof of purchase.
@Epithumia you should contact Allegorithmic with a proof of purchase either via email or the contact form.

Best Regards