Author Topic: No monthly payment option to upgrade  (Read 4423 times)

I want to upgrade to painter 2 but have a few concerns

1. I was a live account holder, paid 1 time fee last month, and as of last week my account stated I was not a live user. I am going to assume the old live accounts (that are paid off) are no longer valid. Please tell me if I am wrong and that it will come back

2. I notice I can upgrade to a live account by buying painter 2 (which is why I came to the conclusion I did for issue 1) but there is only the one time payment option. Are you going to bring back the monthly payment or is that not an option in this case

Thanks 
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 07:18:50 pm

I was too robbed from my live user rights and I paid damn lot of money to get that freaking lifetime live user status wth is going on?!

Half my reason for going Live last month was to get access to the Allegorithmic content in Substance Share.
Suddenly it's FREE?!?

Epi

Half my reason for going Live last month was to get access to the Allegorithmic content in Substance Share.
Suddenly it's FREE?!?

Epi

I believe the content in share was always free. Live gave you access to monthly drops that only live members could get. Of course live drops are no longer showing up, so who really knows

Upgrade link here if anyone interested: https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/upgrade
To be honest, I was expecting a slightly better deal considering one of the major new feats (Photoshop style brushes) were told to be arriving for almost 2 years ago(?) for Substance Painter.

There's something odd happening on my license page as well, it doesn't tell if I have indie or pro license (I have both license types on my library) + it doesn't show my SD4 or B2M 2 licenses anymore.

I believe the content in share was always free. Live gave you access to monthly drops that only live members could get. Of course live drops are no longer showing up, so who really knows

He was talking about the substance live drops. They are now free to download for everyone on substance share  (they are no longer marked as live monthly drops but they are still on share).

tokri is right - by Allegorithmic content I meant Substance Live drops.

I'm hoping that Allegorithmic will throw a bigger bone to those of us who went Live last month.
I wasn't expecting the arrival of Painter 2 to be a downer like this.

Epi

To be honest, I was expecting a slightly better deal...

I'm a bit disappointed as well.  I certainly didn't expect it to $99  :-\ - but maybe there's more to it. I bought the Indie Live package last year - now it's missing from my account info - maybe that is rolled into the $99?? I didn't get the e-mail I've heard mentioned explaining where my Indie Live went.  :(
I dont have enough people words to make it understand you the way it understands me

Hey Epithumia,

why are you kinda disappointed, what could've been better in your opinion?

Live users with a Monthly Payment will get Substance Painter 2 for free. You just need to continue paying monthly to keep using it until you own it. What could be a better deal? :)

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Live users with a Monthly Payment will get Substance Painter 2 for free. You just need to continue paying monthly to keep using it until you own it. What could be a better deal? :)

What about those that bought it outright? I don't see a free SP2 download link in my account.  ???
I dont have enough people words to make it understand you the way it understands me

why are you kinda disappointed, what could've been better in your opinion?

Sorry to highjack your question but

Do you happen to know if they will bring back the monthly payment option for people looking to upgrade their live by buying painter 2? I only see the one time payment option

What about those that bought it outright? I don't see a free SP2 download link in my account.  ???

I am a bit confused by this as well. A few days ago a user said he had 3 more payments, but got an email saying if he extended that to 8 payments 95 more) he could upgrade to painter 2

Of ocurse reading the release page it does sound like live members get painter 2 for free, but I think that is a case of bad wording

Hey guys,

sorry for using the words 'for free'. That's not the case, for sure.
If you went with the Monthly Payment method you'll get Substance Painter 2 instantly. After paying $149 you can own either Substance Designer or Substance Painter. For $99 you'll get Bitmap 2 Material. The Entire Substance package will cost you $299.
You need to keep paying monthly to use Substance Painter 2. I don't know, though, if you'll get an discount for the monthly payment, too.
This paying method should be available here: https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/download in the 'Indie/Pro License" Tab.

You can upgrade to Substance Painter 2 if you bought Substance Painter 1 upfront here: https://www.allegorithmic.com/buy/upgrade
You can upgrade for $99 if you've the Indie License.

Best Regards
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:04:26 pm
Environment Artist - Twitter

I'm super happy to see an orthographic view!! I can't wait to play with these new tools.

Sadly, it says I don't have a license either :P I was told contest winners get free updates but I'm working in the trial version of SP2. I'm sure it will all get sorted out, and if not, then that's the way things are.

I'm diving in!  8)  8)  8) It all looks pretty great from here.

The normal map decals = AWESOME.
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:08:53 pm
3D art is magic.

I paid outright last month.

That's got me an upgrade to Substance Designer (which I was conflicted about upgrading, and which so far I've only used for a tutorial), and one Substance Live material, which is now free.  I saw it mainly as an investment in future access to Substance Live drops.

If I'd known, I would have saved the money towards Painter 2.

Epi

Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:10:04 pm