Author Topic: Loading Project - after 2-5sec Painter is closing without Error  (Read 2020 times)

Hello,

i am loading a project which i started yesterday..
Today when loading the project, it loads fine, i see my mesh, all materials etc...
after 2-5 seconds SP is simply closing..

no errormessage no crash no exception nothing.. clean and fresh memory....

?!?!

Logs show NOTHING

regArts
Dee

Hey dennis.dworak,

can you please share the logfile with us?
Help -> Export Log

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

hi,
got the same problem, log sended
try to update nvidia drivers and see what happens

edit:
sorry didnt read carefully just need to start painter without loading project it crashes
Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:16:46 pm

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hey,

i think it was related to not enough pagefile memory or a memory issue at all.

I was rendering in the background with MRay.
so since there seems a memory issue substance painter did quit without exception or any other information.

the message i recieved from my 3d soft was : not enough swap-page memory left..

so i think it was related to this.

anyway, today the same scene started without issues,. still the log attached (yes i know wrong bitangents :O) )

Creative regArts

Dee

Substance Painter is a quite intensive application to work with, we don't recommend running other applications at the same time if you want stability and performances. Especially not running a renderer next to it. ;)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Definatly TRUE :)

But nowadays with 18 cores.. 64bit.. millions of GB ram.. its a sore temptation to have multiply applications open.

Maybe the Devs can implement a memcheck and throw an exception or at least warning: out of mem, no resources something like this.

anyway thanks
regArts
Dee