Author Topic: Painter 2 discount for Indie Live?  (Read 4998 times)

Will there be a discount for us Indie Live customers? If so, any word on how much? Can't wait to see what's new :)

Hey pablopicasso2006,

I am pretty sure more information will reach you the nearer the release date comes. Keep patient for the next two weeks ;)

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hey,

We have been working hard during the last months regarding the upgrades for the Live customers, we will announce how it works next week. But be sure it's going to be very fair :)

Cheers,
Nicolas
Head of Product Management

Being a relatively new customer to the Substance Live texturing suite and halfway through paying for ownership of my initial Substance Live subscription, i am very interested as to what kind of upgrade options will be availible.

Substance Designer has been probably the most valuable piece of software in the Live suite, so i am very much looking forward to this new revision, so i trust that Allegorithmic will continue their fair pricing models with Painter 2.

Keep up the great work, looking forward to all the good stuff coming out of GDC.

Thanks for the replies :) I will try to be patient... the excitement is killing me though! Best piece of texturing software ever.

Hey,

But be sure it's going to be very fair :)

Cheers,
Nicolas

It usually is Nicolas :)

I have no doubts it will be fair. The price for this powerful software is already incredible in my eyes. The ONLY problem i have is that the database costs too much money :( I would love to buy "credits" and pick and choose the textures that I want from the database.

Quixel 2 and Knald 2 were free upgrades for existing users.I realize there's Live which is monthly and Painter does deliver awesomeness galore. But as a Live user who's purchased SD indie I definitely hope there's an attractive upgrade price for Live users or a way to get Painter 2 into Live users hands as seamlessly as possible.

Will there be any kind of presentation showing the highlights during GDC?

Will there be any kind of presentation showing the highlights during GDC?

Of course Substance Painter will be at GDC :)
You can see our GDC planning here: https://www.allegorithmic.com/blog/gdc-schedule-announcement
Head of Product Management

Can't wait!!! I have no doubts we will be impressed, especially if you guys are skipping a few versions all together. Every update so far has been impressive for me :) Keep up the great work!

I have no doubts it will be fair. The price for this powerful software is already incredible in my eyes. The ONLY problem i have is that the database costs too much money :( I would love to buy "credits" and pick and choose the textures that I want from the database.
Actually, for what it is, the database is really well priced. The real problem I see is that it lacks an indie version.

The only thing available is the pro-version intended for large game studios (and if my understanding is correct, it's a full-studio use, one-off licensing fee).

If you look at it that way, it's actually insanely cheap. But yes, an indie-version would be awesome.
Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:40:44 am

oOo gotcha, thanks for the info. Then thinking about it that way, it IS cheap :) But yes, I'm sure indie devs would love a version for them.