Author Topic: Substance Updating + Light Issue  (Read 2860 times)

I am using unity and I have a cube with a substance on it. If I modify the substance and click into my scene, the substance updates on the object, but it no longer has ANY lights applied to it. The ONLY way that I can get it to update the light is to select either the object in the scene(clicking it or clicking it in the hierarchy) or clicking the prefab in the project folder.

I attached 3 screens. The help2.png shows what it looks like after I modify the saturation by ONE unity. Then in the 3rd image, when I merely CLICK the cube in unity, it updates so that lighting is shown again.

Any ideas? This makes it extremely hard to update substances. If I save my scene and reload while in "help.png"'s state, it STILL doesn't update the lighting info on the cube. The ONLY way I have been able to fix it is by manually selecting the cube.

I am using unity and I have a cube with a substance on it. If I modify the substance and click into my scene, the substance updates on the object, but it no longer has ANY lights applied to it. The ONLY way that I can get it to update the light is to select either the object in the scene(clicking it or clicking it in the hierarchy) or clicking the prefab in the project folder.

I attached 3 screens. The help2.png shows what it looks like after I modify the saturation by ONE unity. Then in the 3rd image, when I merely CLICK the cube in unity, it updates so that lighting is shown again.

Any ideas? This makes it extremely hard to update substances. If I save my scene and reload while in "help.png"'s state, it STILL doesn't update the lighting info on the cube. The ONLY way I have been able to fix it is by manually selecting the cube.

Hi,

Can you post the sbsar file? I can take a look in Unity. I haven't seen this issue before.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Here you go. I downloaded some substances from a polycount post to test things out.

Here you go. I downloaded some substances from a polycount post to test things out.

Hi,

I checked the substance and I am getting the same issue. However, I don't get this with other substances. There must be something happening in that particular substance.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Glad to see it wasn't just me. Thank you very much for testing that.

This is caused by a bug in the way we mange shader keywords.

The bug is fixed but not yet merged to trunk, and hence not yet in a 5.3/5.4 build.

This should be fixed in a not-too-distant build.

Best Regards,
Eric