Author Topic: 8k textures in substance painter  (Read 3151 times)

Hi,

I've textured a very large asset in substence painter (a whole building), but in 4k everything is very blurry. Is there any way to export my textures in 8k or probably even higher?

Hi,

I've textured a very large asset in substence painter (a whole building), but in 4k everything is very blurry. Is there any way to export my textures in 8k or probably even higher?

Hi,

We don't have an option for 8K support in Substance Painter at this time. If you are getting blurry results, it sounds like the texel density is very low in the UVs. Can you post a screen shot of your UVs?

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Over 4 years later and I'm Googling this issue.  I found a solution to straight edges (if using Maya make sure the chamfer option on the bevel tool is turned OFF), but angled edges are horrible.  How is it that you all have not fixed this yet?  I'm scratching my head at how much is missing in this app (can't make a selection = ridiculous!).  To be real here, if Mari were the same price as Sub Painter, I think we'd see a major shift.  If you can't fix an issue like this.....?

Over 4 years later and I'm Googling this issue.  I found a solution to straight edges (if using Maya make sure the chamfer option on the bevel tool is turned OFF), but angled edges are horrible.  How is it that you all have not fixed this yet?  I'm scratching my head at how much is missing in this app (can't make a selection = ridiculous!).  To be real here, if Mari were the same price as Sub Painter, I think we'd see a major shift.  If you can't fix an issue like this.....?

Can you post some screen shots of the issues you are having. Are you talking about needing to straighten the edges of the UVs for the bake?

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja