Author Topic: Help with Substances In Modo  (Read 3956 times)

Hey, I just learned about the Substances in Modo and am trying to incorporate it in my workflow. What I'm trying to do is to export my diffuse, normal, disp., etc., maps out of Modo but I have been looking and searching online and cannot find a proper way to do it so far. I already have my substances applied to my model, but I can't seem to export those details to a .tga or .jpeg or anything like that, and there is an extreme lack of tutorials online right now as to how to go about it. Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Hey, I just learned about the Substances in Modo and am trying to incorporate it in my workflow. What I'm trying to do is to export my diffuse, normal, disp., etc., maps out of Modo but I have been looking and searching online and cannot find a proper way to do it so far. I already have my substances applied to my model, but I can't seem to export those details to a .tga or .jpeg or anything like that, and there is an extreme lack of tutorials online right now as to how to go about it. Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Hello,

On the properties panel for the Substance Item, there is an option called "Bake to Disk." Bake to Disk, will export all of the outputs you have enabled at the outsize set to images. The image format will be based on the modo Image I/O preference you have set.

I will be working on creating a lot of tutorials in the coming weeks that will be focused on MODO. I am working on a MODO > Substance > Unity pipeline presentation and will create a series of videos on how I use Substance with MODO.

Here's an example of a character I textured completely with Substance Designer 4. In the MODO > Substance pipeline, I will show I use the custom substance created for this character in MODO.

Lots of tutorials on the way!

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks very much Wes. I look forward to seeing them when you are finished. You can never have enough tutorials, especially for new pipelines. Thanks!

Thanks very much Wes. I look forward to seeing them when you are finished. You can never have enough tutorials, especially for new pipelines. Thanks!

You're most welcome. Yes, I totally agree, the more the merrier.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja