Author Topic: How to export .SBSAR File to unity 5  (Read 10924 times)

We are using Substance painter 1.7.1 to create materials with textures for Unity 5 (export setting: standard metallic).
While exporting to Unity we are getting the textures (diffuse, normal and metallic).
We need the material settings applied for 3D object in Substance painter to be exported to Unity 5.
We tried using Substance Designer and exported as SBSAR. But we are not able to achieve the same quality
in Unity5. We need the same settings to be carried over to Unity5. We tried tutorial videos, but we cannot find it.

What settings are you referring to ?
The sbsar only contains the texture, and painter also only exports the textures.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Hi there thanks for ur quick reply :)  i want to know how to get substance material into unity. i need exactly what i create in substance to unity.. pls help me

Hi there thanks for ur quick reply :)  i want to know how to get substance material into unity. i need exactly what i create in substance to unity.. pls help me

Hi,

Once you create the substance (.sbsar) you can import this into Unity and it will create a unity standard material (PBR - metallic/smoothness). Have you seen our latest course on Unity 5?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB0wXHrWAmCwkRKPc2YQvsaeF8akDrM86

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja