Author Topic: Some Nodes are duplicated  (Read 1408 times)

The images explain it, I think...

Some of the PBR nodes are very similar (3 times "PBR Metal relflectance" with different icons !)
Is this a mix between old/recent ones? But which is which??

The material color blend seems identical.
The difference between the color blends is, one version can not be found, because of a fals patch...

How to fix/remove doubles?
Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:59:52 pm

The images explain it, I think...

Some of the PBR nodes are very similar (3 times "PBR Metal relflectance" with different icons !)
Is this a mix between old/recent ones? But which is which??

The material color blend seems identical.
The difference between the color blends is, one version can not be found, because of a fals patch...

How to fix/remove doubles?

Hi Elowan,

You shouldn't have duplicate nodes. I think I recall an issue like this. Did you try to add substance to the library?

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

hmmm, not sure, what you mean.

this is, how my library looks like:

(see image)

hmmm, not sure, what you mean.

this is, how my library looks like:

(see image)

AH, I see the issue. Its coming from Substance Share. Some of the materials have included the default library and now when you use the material, its dependencies are actually duplicates from the main library.

*update: This happened with materials published early on Share. This has been resolved and not the case for the newly exported textures.

Cheers,
Wes

Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 08:34:31 pm
the3dninja@adobe.com

Oh dear, whatr a mess... no way to clean it up?

Hmmm, so I have to get rid of the "Share" substances path, where I saved some substances from the share website, I believe?

Oh dear, whatr a mess... no way to clean it up?

Hmmm, so I have to get rid of the "Share" substances path, where I saved some substances from the share website, I believe?

I'm sorry, there is not an easy way to clean it up. Its a mess for sure. It happened when we first launched Share and some of the older substances have this issue. We fixed the upload and now this won't happen. You can still use your share path, but you will need to manually track down the substances causing the duplication. I would do it subtractive process where you move the materials 1 at a time from your path to see which one(s) are causing the duplication.

Cheers,
Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hi wes, I'm a bit newer to SD but is there still no way to determine which one needs to be deleted? Not entirely sure how to locate the duplicated nodes.

Is there a method similar to a fresh install?