Author Topic: Substance painter to Marmoset PBR shaders issues  (Read 11146 times)

Hello all, :)

this issue has been probably encountered several times already , but unfortunately I didn't find the topic and following online tutorials didn't lead to any fix..

I'm having troubles translating correctly pbr shaders from Substance painter in to Marmoset, I've tried inverting the roughness map as suggested or playing around with the metalness, but no luck so far, any thoughts?  :(

Ps As you can see in the picture I've attached, the asset displayed in SP has shinier speckles and overall higher roughness values..

Thanks!

Hey alessandro.far,

please read this post to setup Toolbag 2 correctly: https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=5451.0

Make sure you have 'sRGB Colour Space' unticked in the options and invert the Roughness map, when exported as roughness.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hi Fabian,

thanks for your response, unfortunately I've already tried any possible step regarding the roughness map, which is the culprit I assume, but it didn't help at all, ironically ticking on Srgb while inverting the texture ,lead to the closest result, yet not the same, so I'm puzzled. I wonder if there's anything  wrong with my exporting settings, I'm currently using "Unreal 4" and document channels +normal, which is a standard I assume, when it comes to PBR...  ???

Hey alessandro,

maybe it is because you have no albedo plugged in?
Marmoset and Substance aren't that different presenting the PBR outputs, they should look nearly the same. Strange. Can you share the mesh and the output maps?

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hi Fabian,

thanks for your response, unfortunately I've already tried any possible step regarding the roughness map, which is the culprit I assume, but it didn't help at all, ironically ticking on Srgb while inverting the texture ,lead to the closest result, yet not the same, so I'm puzzled. I wonder if there's anything  wrong with my exporting settings, I'm currently using "Unreal 4" and document channels +normal, which is a standard I assume, when it comes to PBR...  ???

Hi,

The issue is that the Reflection is set to Blinn-Phong. You need to change this to GGX. That will fix it.

Cheers,
Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

@Wess McDermott, had the same issue as alessandro.far, and changing the Reflection to GGX fixed it !!! Thanks a million, you're awesome !

@Wess McDermott, had the same issue as alessandro.far, and changing the Reflection to GGX fixed it !!! Thanks a million, you're awesome !

So glad that helped : )

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja