Author Topic: No Wacom pressure sensitivity in Substance Painter  (Read 21661 times)

Hey, I'm getting the same issue – pressure fine in other programs and in viewport painting, just not in the brush test window. Other than that, loving it.

Cintiq 22HD
Substance Painter, version 1.7.3 (Steam)

We didn't had support for pressure in the preview window, so that's normal if it's not working there.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hey! i have an issues with navigation and painting textures with wacom too + Navigating in preview window.

Im using 10.12.3 macOS

Substance Painter, version 2.5.0
Build 1490 - b09e9f7df0c7a83ec6141ccdcf3118fea57c214f

wacom 6.3.20-11 drivers

Wacom Intuos Pro paper.

with all other softwares, PS, C4D, Houdini, everything works fine.

What is you wacom model ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

wacom PTH-660

Can you try different drivers ?
For example I have a PTK-640 with drivers 6.6.11-4 and it works fine.
-----------

Can you please tell me where you able to find these?
As I found latest  6.3.20-11 and had a same issues with previous version 6.3.18-4 too.

Sorry, I made a typo, my current Wacom drivers are 6.3.11-4.
-----------

Well on that one Cinema 4D has issues with middle mouse button function. (wacom pen)

I can confirm that:

Substance Painter, version 2.5.1
Build 1498 - bd90582f883de061b6e5f285d6c33da1e59d355f

has fixed an issue with wacom for me. thanks for an update!

I'm in Substance 2018.2 and my pen pressure is not working for either Size or Flow on a brush. I'm using a smaller Wacom tablet.

I'm in Substance 2018.2 and my pen pressure is not working for either Size or Flow on a brush. I'm using a smaller Wacom tablet.

Same for me. Is there a workaround?
I'm using a small Wacom Intuos, and pressure pen is not working neither size nor flow.
It works fine in Photoshop.
Not sure if ever did work in SP.
My current SP version is 2018.2.2

update: installed latest SP version (2018.2.3) and it started working again
Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 04:29:23 pm

I have a similar issue on a tablet PC.

Microsoft Surface Pro 6
Photoshop, Zbrush - pressure works perfectly.
Substance Painter - runs quite well, but no pressure sensitivity at all.

Update for any that may have the same issue:
Wintab drivers for the Surface Pro 4 installed on the 6 work flawlessly, enabling full pressure in Substance Painter
Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 11:41:42 pm

ABJ

Similar issue here - pressure sensitivity works in Photoshop, but not in Substance Painter (preview or viewport).

Also, there is a strange issue in the brush preview dialog, where I have to click and drag a certain distance in order for the sliders to function (size, flow, etc) - once I've dragged a certain distance, the slider will function properly until I let go. With a mouse, it works as expected.

Wacom PTH-680, driver version 6.3.32-4

Just updated Substance Painter, and it did not work in previous version either.

Substance Painter, version 2018.3.2
Build 2768 - 0a2e942878082829e3329766252c570e3b320255

--- UPDATE ---

Completely removed all Wacom drivers and utilities and reinstalled latest driver, and now everything works perfectly. :)

In case it may help other Wacom users, I should mention what other things I have done to make my tablet work properly in Windows 10:

- Used a utility called FixMyPen (you can find it on GitHub)
- Disabled Windows Ink in Wacom Tablet Properties - Mapping
- Reduced Tip Double Click Distance in Wacom Tablet Properties - Pen
Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:20:18 am