Author Topic: Modo 801 SP5, crashes on startup with current Substance plugin installed  (Read 2380 times)

I've just purchased Substance and tried getting the 801 plugin off of my Luxology account. Unfortunately, Modo crashes immediately on startup.

I'm using Windows 7, have Modo updated with the latest service pack.  I've also reset my configuration to default.  If I drag the substance folder out of ..\AppData\Roaming\Luxology\Configs\ Modo will launch fine, but as soon as I put it back, it crashes.

There's not much feedback.  The crash itself points me to check out information in: commandLog.txt but the only thing in that file is:
[ 2-10-2016 10:41:11 |   0.000 9999] Command[-1]: PRE (null), Parameters: (null)

My video card is a Geforce GTX 670, if that's relevant. 

I've just purchased Substance and tried getting the 801 plugin off of my Luxology account. Unfortunately, Modo crashes immediately on startup.

I'm using Windows 7, have Modo updated with the latest service pack.  I've also reset my configuration to default.  If I drag the substance folder out of ..\AppData\Roaming\Luxology\Configs\ Modo will launch fine, but as soon as I put it back, it crashes.

There's not much feedback.  The crash itself points me to check out information in: commandLog.txt but the only thing in that file is:
[ 2-10-2016 10:41:11 |   0.000 9999] Command[-1]: PRE (null), Parameters: (null)

And yes, as so often happens, I solved the problem about 30 seconds after posting this.  Seems I was launching from a shortcut to a previous version of Modo. 

And yes, as so often happens, I solved the problem about 30 seconds after posting this.  Seems I was launching from a shortcut to a previous version of Modo.

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for posting the update : ) Sorry to hear you had this issue, but glad to know its fixed.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I cannot run the plugin although it is correctly installed in the Config folder (same on OS X or Windows 7 x64 Ultimate)
Thank you