Author Topic: Substance Graph Instance: Mixed Resolutions  (Read 1624 times)

We would like to optimize the resolution of maps to reduce Texture Streaming Pool.
Unfortunately, all maps (Diffuse, Normal, PBR etc) are output at the same resolution in the settings options.

In order to achieve the goal, we need to create multiple instances for each different resolution and toggle the maps off that are generated elsewhere in another instance (and same for those other instances)...

It would be much more convenient if each map had its own setting for output size.

Or perhaps there is another easy solution?

We would like to optimize the resolution of maps to reduce Texture Streaming Pool.
Unfortunately, all maps (Diffuse, Normal, PBR etc) are output at the same resolution in the settings options.

In order to achieve the goal, we need to create multiple instances for each different resolution and toggle the maps off that are generated elsewhere in another instance (and same for those other instances)...

It would be much more convenient if each map had its own setting for output size.

Or perhaps there is another easy solution?

HI,

For the maps, are you talking about the outputs that the substance generates? It sounds like you want some maps to have a resolution that is different that the parent resolution of the graph. For example, the parent resolution is 2K and instead of generating 2K for all of the outputs, you would like some of the maps to generate at a lower resolution. Is this correct?

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Yes,
that is correct.

How would I do this?
Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:24:05 am

Yes,
that is correct.

How would I do this?

Hi,

Here is an easy and quick way to handle it. You can insert a node just before the output and change its relative to parent value. In the screen shot, I set it to be /2 which makes the roughness output 512 where my baseColor is 1024.

You can also create an user parameter set to integer 2. Then for the output size on the node, create an empty function and use the get integer2 set to the integer2 user parameter you created. Now you can have a control for changing the resolution.

Cheers,
wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja