Author Topic: Normal Map is not applying  (Read 2473 times)

Hello,

I baked a simple Normal map in Designer (following the UE4-Tutorial), but when I load my mesh and the normal map into painter, the baking seems not to visualize. I guess I´m missing some settings in painter, but I don´t know where...

Help!

here are the screenshots from the differents programms:

cheers,

pj

Did you set your project to the right normal format ? (DirectX or OpenGL)
You can change this setting at any time in the projection configuration windows : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Project+configuration
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hi Froyok,

I think I did everything right so far:

The Shader preview should be "PBR metal rough"?

You don't need to change the shader preview setting, this parameter is only here to define which shader to is used to generate the previews of the thumbnails in the shelf.

Did you try switching to OpenGL instead ? What does it look like ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I´ve tried that, no significant changes...

If you only look at the mesh without the normal map, does they look like identical in Substance Designer and Substance Painter ?
From which application did you exported your cube ?
-----------

Hi,

For me, they look identical (as shown in the picture below). I got the FBX-files out of Cinema4d, triangulated geometry.

Another interesting thing is, that if I take my low poly mesh and make the exact same baking (with same parameters, see picture) in Painter, I got a good result.

The only difference for me is that the normal map from Designer looks different than the one in painter, why is that so? (the map on the left is the one from Designer, on the right in the red square the one from Painter).

I guess they must be something really simple I am missing, but can´t figure it out...

thanks for helping!

pj
Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:18:44 pm