Author Topic: Parameterization of curves, levels, etc.  (Read 1077 times)

Hey guys! I'm really enjoying using this software. It's really sped up my work but I feel there are a few things that should be possible to turn into parameters.

When there is a prop I need to texture, I usually have a bunch of maps baked from a high poly. Certain things I do over and over for every model, and one of these is tint bakes and assign them to multiply or screen blend layers. I would love to make a substance to handle this, and deal only with plugging in maps and tweaking parameters for a reasonable texture output. However, many of these bakes require adjustments (HSL, curves, etc), which is impossible to do from outside the substance using parameters.

One thing that really appealed to me about SD was that you could map a grayscale image to a gradient, and in so doing, tint your bakes in a nonuniform way. However, the color gradient itself is impossible to turn into a parameter, which is quite disappointing.

I'm still learning how to use SD, so I apologize if this is already a feature. Maybe fellow forum users can help me sort things out! :D

You can expose HSL and Levels but not the gradients.
To have access to the values of the levels to expose, click on the little Values button on top of the histogram on a levels node.