Author Topic: Frustrating Issue  (Read 1683 times)

Been off and on with using Painter because honestly there is usually some problem that prevents me from using it as a daily tool and I go back to MARI. I'm finding an issue now that I'm not sure if it's a bug or with the way the interface is set up but for some reason, as I navigate the viewport while working, at some point Painter kills my tablet interaction. The left click button of my mouse is also dead. I can move the mouse around and the system is running normal, but I cannot click anything and have limited interaction with the machine. Even after I kill all open applications the issue still exists.

It hasn't happened to me since the last time I used Painter which was months ago. I just started using it today and its happened four or so times. The only way around is to reboot.

Curious if this is something thats been reported before.

Outside of that many of the annoying bugs I've experienced in previous versions seem taken care of. ;)

OSX 10.11.2
Mac Pro
Dual AMD D700
64GB Ram
Painter 1.7.2

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Noticing it seems to handicap the system by sticking the alt, cmd or control key. But the weird thing is it does it for a fixed amount of time. It releases the handicap around 9 minutes and then I'm free to continue working.

I received a similar bug report a long time ago but we have never been able to reproduce it and you are only the second person to report that issue. It's gonna be hard to us to investigate unless you are able to provide more information about you machine and setup.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Just happened again before I wrote this. At least now I know if I wait it out for 9 minutes, I'll get control back. It seems to only happen when I'm navigating the viewport, holding down alt, rather than when I'm painting.

Here are are my specs:

Late 2013 Mac Pro
OSX 10.11.3
2.7 GHz 12 Core CPU
64GB's  1866 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram
1TB SSD
Dual AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB Ram

Wacom Cintiq 24HD Touch

Substance Painter 1.7.2

If you need anything else, let me know.

What applications or process are running in the background on your Mac ? Maybe there is a conflict somehow.
-----------

Generally Toolbag 2, Photoshop, Maya, Mail, Safari, ZBrush, etc.

I ran the Wacom diagnostics while working and it appears when this happens my tablet driver locks up.

It's always done this off and on as I've used Painter over the last year or so and never when I'm not.

Can you try different drivers versions then ?
-----------

Unfortunately Apple handles the drivers. I'm not gong to cause a stink about it so I'll just try and work around it until either it gets addressed in a later update or another option for me arises.

Thanks anyway.

From the Wacom website you can download older drivers, even for Mac : http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers
-----------

From the Wacom website you can download older drivers, even for Mac : http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers

Thought you were referring to the AMD drivers. Yes, Wacom I can get. But this has been an issue for me going back multiple versions of any driver for my system. No worries, I'll deal with it for now.

Thanks