Author Topic: Substance Designer has stopped working error  (Read 21291 times)

The IRay license expired on 1.1.16. Renaming the .\bin64\iray folder does the trick

The IRay license expired on 1.1.16. Renaming the .\bin64\iray folder does the trick

Thank You :) Simple temp fix anyways. Working fine now.

Thank you! That did the trick! :)

Same problem here, the only difference in that i just purchased yesterday. Opened it for a bit yesterday and now it wont open.
Excited to get to work with it, ill await the answers :D

Thanks

This fix worked for me. Thanks!

That worked for me too.  Thanks for posting a solution.  I have some work that needs to be done in the next 6 days and I was ready to panic.

@Allegorithmic -  Will we need to change that folder back once there is an update or will it just re install a new bin64/iray folder?

That worked for me too.  Thanks for posting a solution.  I have some work that needs to be done in the next 6 days and I was ready to panic.

@Allegorithmic -  Will we need to change that folder back once there is an update or will it just re install a new bin64/iray folder?
We'll give you the exact workflow as soon as we have it  ;)

The renaming worked for me too, thanks!

hi guys...

same problem here.. very strange..

Workaround for windows 10

what worked for me is right clicking on substance icon TROUBLESHOOT COMPARABILITY / TRY RECOMMENDED SETTINGS / TEST PROGRAM......and it loads up and works fine... ... the issues found says INCOMPATIBLE PROGRAM..

Problem after that is windows does not save the settings.. so after exiting and trying to launch again i get the same error and have to go through steps above to get it to work again....

EDIT : renaming the iray folder has worked for me now....

Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:17:39 am

I'm using OSX 10.11.2 El Capitan and have the same crashing problem. It just started. I was using it just the other day no problem. Now it crashes.
I'm on a
MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Renaming the iray folder in 3d view didn't work for me. I think that might only work on PC. I'll try setting my date back.

Setting the date back did work

Renaming the folder to irayold worked. Here's hoping for an update to fix it. The date trick worked too. How odd that a difference of one day causes it to crash and yet B2M and SP are all good...

Renaming the iray folder in 3d view didn't work for me. I think that might only work on PC. I'll try setting my date back.

On OSX, I've gotten this to work by renaming libneuray.so to something else (in my case, I renamed it to libneuray.so.orig). Assuming a typical installation of Substance Designer under the Applications folder, the file can be found at:

Code: [Select]
/Applications/Substance Designer.app/Contents/MacOS/libneuray.so
You can do this via the shell, or in Finder by going to the application's location, right-clicking on the application name, and choosing "Show file contents".

On OSX, I've gotten this to work by renaming libneuray.so to something else (in my case, I renamed it to libneuray.so.orig). Assuming a typical installation of Substance Designer under the Applications folder, the file can be found at:

Code: [Select]
/Applications/Substance Designer.app/Contents/MacOS/libneuray.so
You can do this via the shell, or in Finder by going to the application's location, right-clicking on the application name, and choosing "Show file contents".

This worked for me on Yosemite 10.10.4 – thank you