Author Topic: Setting "Global" Channels for all TextureSets in Project?  (Read 1421 times)

Is it possible to define a "global" set of channels to be used by the project? For example, the assets I'm working on require a Diffuse, Normal, Specular, and Height output. However, when I create a new project the channels default to Base Color, Height, Roughness, Metallic. Currently, I have to manually modify each TextureSet individually, and swap out its channels one by one, which gets to be pretty tedious after a while.

Alternatively, if that's not possible, is there a way to define the channels for multiple texture sets at once?

Since Substance Painter 1.7.0 you can create project templates. They will allow to do what you are looking for. Just create a new project, setup the channels as you want and then use the File > Save as Template menu option. Templates save the texture set settings, the bakers settings and the shader of the currently selected texture set.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.