Author Topic: [bug report] Updated Bakes comes black  (Read 2113 times)

Hello, and firstly thank you for your awesome Painter !

I use new 1.7.1.958. Just to notice you that when i want to update my bakes in painter, because of some change in my high poly mesh under max, i need to deselect all my layers, delete all my bakes, clean, save and close the file, reopen it, and only by this way i can re-bake the maps.
If i do not follow this workflow, update (re-bake) the maps make that some don't bake at all (black in the textureset and nothing in the viewer). Strangly, thickness and position are bake.
The problem is that i need to reassign all the color id for the layers and make sure that there is no problems.

Hope you'll fix it soon (and i don't need changes anymore ^^) :)

We didn't noticed any changes or regressions of this kind with the bakers, so I would like more information if you don't mind.
Can you attach your log file ? See : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Exporting+the+log+file
Can you share your project file ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Zip File with all you need.
To reproduce the error, you just need to click on bake and start.
If you don't have any error, just try a second time over.

It looks like your high-poly mesh contains a malformed mesh/polygon (I didn't isolated it yet, this is just the error I got when importing your HP in Maya). This is probably why the baker fail to generate new textures. Try to clean your mesh and rebake (also delete the assbin file next to your mesh just in case).
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Ok. I will do that and report the result here. Thank for the reply :)

Well, nothing better. i've found the glitch on the high poly and resolve it. I've also delete the .assbin and re-bake the maps but the same error occurs.
I've test with a new project, same meshes, and no more bug when i reimport new high and re-bake.
So it's on the project itself, because of parameters or layers or...

Can you send me the updated high-poly mesh ?
-----------

Like i said, in a completely new project, with a few material assigned, there's no more bug. So this is not about the high poly mesh.
This new _high change nothing, in the bugged version as well as in the new. But yes, here it is.

Thanks for the new mesh, I wanted a new version to avoid any potential confusions on our side while trying to identify the problem.
I have reproduced the bug and logged it in our database for further investigation.
-----------

Thank you for that. I've start a new project file, so no worries, it was especially for bug report to help you improving this awesome painter :)

You can save your layer stack as a smart material if you don't want to loose any data when creating a new project. Or bake in Substance Designer if you have it meanwhile.
-----------