Author Topic: Exporting RGB without Alpha from Painter  (Read 2107 times)

I've tried a few configuration but cant seem to figure this out.

I want a preset in painter that will export all textures in an RGB format without an alpha channel. I know I can delete the alpha channel in photoshop and save it back out, but the workflow would be faster if I could just spit out the exact files I need.

If I create an RGB+A and leave the alpha channel empty, painter still creates an alpha channel in the file. If I create an RGB only setting, the alpha channel is created anyway.

Any ideas?

I've tried a few configuration but cant seem to figure this out.

I want a preset in painter that will export all textures in an RGB format without an alpha channel. I know I can delete the alpha channel in photoshop and save it back out, but the workflow would be faster if I could just spit out the exact files I need.

If I create an RGB+A and leave the alpha channel empty, painter still creates an alpha channel in the file. If I create an RGB only setting, the alpha channel is created anyway.

Any ideas?

Hi,

It could be that the layers you have contain transparency and you are saving to a format that supports transparency such as PNG. I exported base color as RGB (PNG) and it doesn't contain an alpha. Do any of your layers contain a channel with transparency?

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Ahh, that may be true. There is no transparency in the material Im exporting but I export using TGA's because that's what we work with in almost all texture based workflows. I could try exporting with a PNG. It would still be nice to have a feature to actually disable the Alpha channel on a texture for any format though.