Author Topic: Volume or volumetric output  (Read 5134 times)

Hello
It's great to see that substance's framework reached c4d!

What i missed in substance is 3d/volumetric mapping

Such thing:

image from http://code.vonc.fr/?a=30

thank you!
I'm sorry for my English

Hi spirekin,

That volumetric mapping looks pretty awesome! It should be possible to get working in C4D. If you import a substance and then right click and "Create Material" from it, you will see that the material uses a Substance Shader for input of the various stages (Diffuse/Normal/etc)

This should work for volumetric as well. Let me know how you fare!

In theory, if you modulate a noise, (lets say phase +1), for 256 frames in 256x256 texture size. You will then have enough data for a 256x256x256 cube. Im, not aware of software that can generate this easily, but the tech is kind of there.

Hi to all
Hi spirekin,

That volumetric mapping looks pretty awesome! It should be possible to get working in C4D. If you import a substance and then right click and "Create Material" from it, you will see that the material uses a Substance Shader for input of the various stages (Diffuse/Normal/etc)

This should work for volumetric as well. Let me know how you fare!
Yeah, Cesar Vonc made great work for object as procedurale
I'm sorry for my English

Hi spirekin,

Were you able to get the substance outputs run for the volumetric plugin?

Hi,
I'm note completely sure, but I think Cesar Vonc uses Cinema 4D's 3D noise shaders for this project.
Bye,
Andreas
Cheers,
Andreas

SDK Support Engineer
MAXON Computer GmbH

Hello Josh, Andreas is right. That is why i made request about future support of 3d shaders/textures in substance section of this forum
I'm sorry for my English