Author Topic: TDR Delay Crash when changing Height with a video  (Read 2471 times)

TDR Delay Crash when changing Height

Here's a video of what happens.
Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:11:45 am

Hi, I'm having similar issues, it seems like the crashes are related to having a custom shelf, though they don't go away entirely when clearing substances out of the shelf, if your issue gets resolved let me know, I have also posted about mine
Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:33:20 am

ok cool,, will do.

The problem here is not related to the content of the shelf here. It's just that Substance Painter is doing a long computation (which can be expected when working at 4K) but the GPU driver see is as en error.

A better explanation with a solution over here : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/GPU+drivers+crash+with+long+computations
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I disabled the Tdr and I just now downloaded the latest drivers and still crashing. Im going to bite the bullet and uninstall Win 10 and Install Win 8.1

I disabled the Tdr and I just now downloaded the latest drivers and still crashing. Im going to bite the bullet and uninstall Win 10 and Install Win 8.1
Did you restart your computer after disabling the TDR ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Yeah, and it sort of worked. It didn't crash instead it jacked up my layer stack. It also corrupted the .spp  file. I needed a fresh install of Windows anyhow, I can't stand Win 10 and not being able to shut off windows update without editing a registry file.  So far with Win 8.1 no problems, but I haven't had time to fully test it all out.

Yup I have been working with 8.1 for a few weeks now and all my problems are gone. Its nice to have Painter back. :)