Windows 10 Pen/Touch/Gesture support!

Author Topic: Windows 10 Pen/Touch/Gesture support!  (Read 1624 times)

This is totally a selfish request, but I just got a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 and upgraded the operating system to Windows 10... and well you would be surprised how few applications support all the new Pen/Touch/Gesture user input. With the apps that do windows 10 is freaken sweet! Unfortunately my favorite Substance Designer dus not support any of cool pinch/zoom/pan/tap gestures that make for such a smooth experience in other apps like Photoshop. It would be nice to have some of the new windows 10 input features in SD, but not necessary, just really nice.

^^

Thanks.

I was thinking on buying the Surface 4, mainly for 3DCoat/Zbrush and SP "on the road" moments.... so sad to hear, that it does not even work with the new 1024 pen...

The Pen still works like a mouse in Substance Designer, so its serviceable, but touches and gestures don't seam to work.

On a side note the Surface Pen though its pressure sensitivity is improving is still fairly low res and slow strokes can result in a stepping pattern. If your looking to use zBrush you might also want to consider the Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 its Pen is much higher rez and it has 10 fully programmable buttons so you can sculpt while pressing modifier buttons like 'Shift' for smoothing and so on, its worth a look:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays/cintiq-companion-2

^^

ok, thanks!

I already got a Cintiq 13HD, but wanted a more "all into one" solution to be more mobile.
My best mobile Setup is an old MacBook pro + the Cintiq 13HD - which is not really that portable...

Cheers!