Author Topic: Live Indie license  (Read 965 times)

Hi,

I am considering to buy and Indie Live license. I have studied your FAQ, but there are still some open questions left:
1. When I pay the total amount at one, how long can I benefit from the Live status which includes
the "Monthly Drops" ?
2. Do I need to send you any sort of proof that I earn less than less than $100K with this software.
3. In fact, I am working in the Edu-business and do not expect to earn any serious money from using software, expect for the pictures I include in my publications...how would you compute the earned money in this case, since, I am afraid, none of my books will ever be regarded art work ?

Best Regards, Martin

Hey mailrox,

1. When I pay the total amount at one, how long can I benefit from the Live status which includes
the "Monthly Drops" ?

You will have an Substance LIVE enabled account until the next major release of Substance. That means: Until Substance Designer 6 & Substance Painter 2 come out. No ETA yet.

2. Do I need to send you any sort of proof that I earn less than less than $100K with this software.

Here's a quote from a post Nicolas Liatti, Director of Product Management & COO at Allegorithmic, did a few months ago.

Regarding the revenues, we have trust in people :) You cannot legally use the Indie version if you earn more than $100K, that is the rule.

3. In fact, I am working in the Edu-business and do not expect to earn any serious money from using software, expect for the pictures I include in my publications...how would you compute the earned money in this case, since, I am afraid, none of my books will ever be regarded art work ?

I think the main purpose is not the art itself but the book and the containing knowledge you are selling, so it should be OK, but I am not sure and wouldn't rely on my opinion in this case.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter