Author Topic: How to Fill a Shape?  (Read 6315 times)

Hello,

Here is an interesting challenge that I've been pondering: How can I fill the pattern within the black border with a different color? Any ideas?

Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:32:31 pm
Check out my Substance Blog!
http://www.qt-ent.com/Blog

Hey pete

Shouldn't it be enough to just create a blend node, set the pattern as background and a uniform color as foreground, then change blend mode to multiply, overlay, etc.?

Or do you need the inside (white) as a mask later on?

Or are you talking about the empty spaces inside the pattern (the transparent areas)?

If thats the case either give it a value in the input image (like 50% gray) so you can create masks for each part of the pattern via levels node.

Or just rebuild/fill it with two shape nodes and some Transform2D Nodes.
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:29:37 pm

I probably should've used a different image, one that is without transparency. I updated the image.

Basically, how would I fill the pixels within the black border given the same color pixels are also outside the border?
Check out my Substance Blog!
http://www.qt-ent.com/Blog

I probably should've used a different image, one that is without transparency. I updated the image.

Basically, how would I fill the pixels within the black border given the same color pixels are also outside the border?

Mhh.. As far as I know there's no magic button for this, SD can only work with the given data, if both areas are completly white, I can't think of another way than using "shape nodes" to recreate the space inside the black border.

I might be wrong, so if anyone knows an "automatic" approach for this specific problem I'd be glad to hear :D

In any other case I guess it's better to advise the user to adjust the  image input accordingly, so that you can create every mask you might need.
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:48:04 pm

Hey,
I am not sure to understand : you just want to convert the black part into another color ?

Hey,
I am not sure to understand : you just want to convert the black part into another color ?

He wants to fill the empty/white space inside the pattern under the restriction, that the (input) color/Gray-Value outside the pattern is exactly the same as inside the pattern (white in this case).

So inside colored, outside not, black stays black.

That's what I understood at least.
Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:16:51 pm

Use an svg node to mask out the triangle shape. Cut it out of solid white. Cut the symbol out of itself to get transparency. Put them on top of each other. Super simple.
3D art is magic.

You could mask it out with the shape nodes, but this is what SVG is made for.
3D art is magic.