Author Topic: SP Baking - maximal high poly polycount  (Read 3544 times)

Hi

It is some kinf of polycount cap for High poly for baking in SP? Because I like baking option in SP, that I can bake all meshes with right naming at once, but when I use higher polycount for high poly meshes (around 30M poly for whole bake), bake end up with:

[Scene 3D] Failed to load 3D scene.
bad allocation
[Baking] Baking failed (Normal Map from Mesh)
[HighPolyMesh] Unable to load scene from Url 'file:/// "path to models" '
[Baking] Baking failed

Working PC is: i7, 16GB RAM and 2GB VRAM

I expoted high poly from zbrush with FBX( I done it several time with less poly meshes and everything works fine) and until i make some kind of decimation and high poly mesh have under 8M pol, I can bake maps in SP.
I dont under stand this is big issue for me, when I baking som hard surface stuff that after decimation some kind of artefakts show up in maps, so I need to be able bake non decimated mesh. Before I use Xnormal and this polycount wasnt issue.

Thanks for answer.

That's strange indeed. Do you think you could send me the low-poly mesh and a the ztl file ? This would allow me to reproduce the issue.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Unfortenatly I cant because it is NDA stuff, but I manage to make it work, and it was little bit my fault, because I exported FBX from zbrush, but I had check to export all subtools, so I export tree times whole 30 milion poly and try to bake it in SP, so I maybe run out of RAM when I try bake 90 milion polygons.

Also so that bake ist limited by hardwere like RAM or VRAM or is not limitation?

The baker use the regular Ram, so if you end-up eating all your physical ram, windows will start to swap and do back and forth with the hard drive.
However if you don't have enough disk space allowed for that it may have an impact.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Same happened to me and I can bake out my maps using Xnormal.