Author Topic: How to use the Sharpen filter without using the UV Seam ?  (Read 4300 times)

I'm searching for creating a mask through a filter, and it seem's that the Sharpen doesn't just work from looking at Curvature ( to add line at Convex part of the shape, but look also to  the UV Seam. Do i can create a mask without using the UV seam ?

As i didn't want to scratch my metal on sharp edge i used the MatFX Plastic Aging on Color and Rough channel only, but it could more simple to add this as a new feature.

Hey, did you try with a level ?

What version of Substance Painter are you using ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

1.6 Build 902.

---

Also: I've seen some bug with the ColorPicker selection mask feature on OBJ files. It did'nt grab /pick the color of the ID map in the viewport sometimes. Anyway It works on FBX

If you applied the sharpen before upgrading to 1.6, try deleting and replying it. The sharpen in previous versions would add an outline on the UV seams but this has been fixed in 1.6

Substance Painter, version 2018.1.1
Build 2167 - 9f667d4caca532902d2b11ea095ff4c9cef33b1c

The sharpen is getting in the way, using the seams. :(

Still have the same issue with 2019.1.3

Is the sharpen filter from a Smart Material or did you had it yourself in the layer stack ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.