Author Topic: Why do i get an extra material when i export from blender  (Read 1195 times)

Hey, I've been working with Substance Painter for some time but this is the first time this has happened. I need two different materials but this extra one always gets added no matter what i do. In this case i didn't assigned any materials to the model and this still happens. Anybody knows how to fix this? Thanks.

That is strange. I've painted quite a few models from Blender and never had this issue (and tested just prior to this comment). I don't have this issue.

When you duplicate an object in Blender, it can (if set up in the preferences) duplicate a new instance of a material. Is this what might be happening? What file type are you importing into Painter? It may have something to do with that.

I'm not really sure and I can't tell by your screenshot. I've never heard of this issue.
3D art is magic.

Hey, I've been working with Substance Painter for some time but this is the first time this has happened. I need two different materials but this extra one always gets added no matter what i do. In this case i didn't assigned any materials to the model and this still happens. Anybody knows how to fix this? Thanks.

Hi, try to export with different settings and different formats.
If necessary upload the .blend file so I can take a look.
I had this issue but a bit different, it was ok after importing into SP but the mesh got an extra "<materialname>_node" besides after importing into Sketchfab and Marmoset.

What was in my case, the in the UV window, I've created a new image for one of my objects. That's where my extra material was coming from. Removed that image, and i got the right materials.
Hope this helps.