Author Topic: Cannot open any substances in C4D-R17  (Read 5024 times)

Since the latest update of Substance Designer, I have not been able to load any asset in C4D-R17 (windows platform).  Past projects with substance included open with an error message stating invalid asset loaded.  Please advise so that I can use this software.  Has the C4D plugin been updated since 1.0?  This is frustrating after using a product then it suddenly quits working.

Hi,
I'm terribly sorry. This is a known problem and has been discussed in this forum already.
But at least I can now say, the update of the Substance plugin is really close to its release. And it will not only fix this problem, but also provide some new features and an increase in speed. So you have at least something to look forward to and the wait shouldn't be too long.
Again, sorry for the inconvenience, the update was actually planned in parallel to the R17 release, but we didn't quite make it...  :(
Cheers,
Andreas

SDK Support Engineer
MAXON Computer GmbH

Hi,
I'm terribly sorry. This is a known problem and has been discussed in this forum already.
But at least I can now say, the update of the Substance plugin is really close to its release. And it will not only fix this problem, but also provide some new features and an increase in speed. So you have at least something to look forward to and the wait shouldn't be too long.
Again, sorry for the inconvenience, the update was actually planned in parallel to the R17 release, but we didn't quite make it...  :(

Sweet.  Can't wait to try out the updated version.  Speed, or lack thereof was the main reason I rarely use it in r16/r17.  Also better info on how to match up PBR outputs to the C4D Reflectance materials would be of great benefit. to get Substances looking as close as possible to how they look in SD.

Thanks. 

When will the C4D-R17 plugin be ready.  It is nice having Painter and Designer, but they are worthless to me until I have a plugin that actually works.

Hello, any news about the new version of the Cinema 4D Substance Plugin?
Thanks in advance,
Michele

The update is finally released, see announcement post.
Cheers,
Andreas
Cheers,
Andreas

SDK Support Engineer
MAXON Computer GmbH