Author Topic: Composited map output  (Read 1997 times)

Not sure if this has been asked before, I searched but didn't see anything.

What I'd like is to be able to output the rendered UVs we see in the editing window. That's exactly what I need for my application, which is trying to burn as much lighting/shadows/weathering reality as possible into the single diffuse texture maps for game assets running on an ancient game engine - this is a long-running game mod.

Right now I can screen cap it and more or less get what I need, but it would be much nicer to have a feature to do this and control the resolution and other params of the output file. And I have to think some other people working with older game engines would have the same need.

Below is what I mean, rendered output of a piece of a model that I was testing.

Unless of course that feature already exists and I'm just being stupid, I'm new to SP. But with texture export I see only the usual separate AO/normal/etc maps and no way to composite layers into single outputs.

This feature is on the roadmap.

Sweet, so like, next sprint right? :)

Let me know if you need someone to test when it gets implemented. Will be doing this project for some time yet.

Sweet, so like, next sprint right? :)
We can't specify any ETA for the moment.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

This is a feature that I would love too.
So far the only workaround I found its, just like you, screencapture the 2D view, then use the wand tool in PS to remove the background. If you have xnormal, it comes with some nice free plugins for Photoshop. One of them its called dilation and helps you to add edge bleeding to the cutout UV islands.

BTW, I hope when it's implemented that we can:

* Choose lighting - very important!
      a. Choose lighting from any panorama
      b. Choose an "ideal" outdoor lighting with skylight and sun, with sun directly overhead
      c. Choose an "ideal" diffuse lighting

* Choose which layers are composited into the output.

* Choose blending mode of each layer

* Set transparency for each layer

* Output to flat file (jpg/png/tga)

* Output layered .PSD with blending modes and transparency intact

Anything else Kitsune?

Want very badly. Especially a overlap on the islands. It works great in out ancient game engine but the screen grab causes artifacts when the reszie to a 1024 X 1024 occurs.