Author Topic: Substance Painter on SALE!  (Read 5773 times)

I've just spotted a 50% off sale on Steam I was wondering if it's possible to save some money on my indie subscription buying it on Steam. Also buying now I will only get the main 1.5.x updates, right?
EDIT
I suggest to be careful before buying on steam if you already have a live account
Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 08:15:10 pm

Hey thedigitalguerrilla,

If you buy Substance Painter now, you'll get all 1.x updates for free and if it is on sale and your calculation is positive: You can save some money, for sure. :)

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Thanks for the tip! I just bought it.

For the uninitiated (like me) you will have to install Steam.  If you already have the trial version of SP, you can buy it on Steam, then link your Allegorithmic account to Steam, and Allegortithmic will provide the licence key, so you won't have to reinstall.

Great software.  Very happy!   ;D

So we can buy painter on sale from steam, link our steam account with our Allegorithmic account and buy (upgrade) to live for 150?

In other words we can get live for 225

I'm still waiting for a reply about this, my live account didn't change after 3 days, but it should, otherwise I will end up paying 1.5 times for painter...

Hey thedigitalguerrilla,

If you bought Substance Painter in the steam sale, you can contact Allegorithmic directly through the contact form on its website.
An administrator will take care of you.

Best regards

Wait, your customer service team is telling me that I can subtract nothing from my live account if I've bought the full steam version of painter! That's not what I understood from my conversation before buying the steam version. I hope that there is a solution to this since I was quite clear with you and you CS prior to buy the product again!

Wait, your customer service team is telling me that I can subtract nothing from my live account if I've bought the full steam version of painter! That's not what I understood from my conversation before buying the steam version. I hope that there is a solution to this since I was quite clear with you and you CS prior to buy the product again!

I just bought on steam and see the discount price for live. Just to make sure did you
  1. Link your steam account to your allegorithmic account?
  2. (not sure if this is needed) go to your allegorithmic account page and say retrieve licenses

For me that didn't happen and this is their reply

What I meant was that if you purchase Substance Painter, if you want to purchase Substance Live you can do it for $149 instead of $299, and thus you would pay just for Substance Designer and Bitmap2Material.
If you already have a Substance Live account it's however not possible to "subtract" what's been paid.

Cheers,
Nicolas

OOH

My bad I miss understood what you said. You know steam has a refund policy as long as it has been under 2 weeks and 2 hours of use.

You should be able to get your money back from steam

Too late for me now, I was waiting for a reply on this topic from allegorithmic CS

Allegorithmic please find a betterway to manage accounts without asking for our passwords...

Hey thedigitalguerilla,

it's hard to tell if you are in conversation with the Allegorithmic Customer Service via email already, or not. Do you still need help here on the forums or is your problem being arranged by Allegorithmic directly?

Best Regards

Hi,

To make things clear for everybody:
- if you already have Substance Live in monthly payment, it's not possible to deduct anything from the remaining amount to pay.
- if you don't have Substance Live and if you purchase a full license, then you can subscribe to Substance Live and pay only the difference

So for example if you purchase Substance Painter on Steam, you can upgrade to Substance Live for only $150 (or 8 monthly payment of $19.90) and get B2M3 and SD5. This is a NEW Substance live license.
If you already have Substance Live and decides to purchase Substance Painter, then you would end with 2 licenses of Substance Painter.

Regarding asking for the password: this was only to visualize what you had on your screen (exactly like you) to be able to guide you during the purchase process, not to manage your account.

Cheers,
Nicolas
Head of Product Management

My problems are now solved. Thank you for your explanation, it will be useful to other customers.
Regarding the passwords, the current system is trouble prone as someone might be not using a password manager and thus using the same for other services as well.
Thank you again!
Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:26:05 pm