Author Topic: 5.3.1 Has lots of problems...  (Read 989 times)

Ok so not sure where to start...

First: Help > Report a Bug... just takes you to the documentation so not sure what that's about.

When you change between graphs (double click on them in the Explorer or right click "Display outputs in 3D view") any outputs that are not used in the current graph still show in the 3D view as the old outputs. So say your last graph had an AO output and the graph you just opened dus not, the old graphs AO output is still being displayed on the model in the 3D view...

After working for a while any copped or duplicated nodes just stop working. They say 0seconds and never update in the 2D view.

After getting frustrated I tried exiting Substance Designer and reopening it... well now looks like SD can no longer be reopened after you just closed the program. I had to restart my computer just so I could start SD again.

So yah lots of wired stuff...

I hope this helps you all to fix the bugs, let me know if there is something I can do to help.

^^

Maus
Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 11:41:05 am

First: Help > Report a Bug... just takes you to the documentation so not sure what that's about.

We've seen that yesterday, the report a bug button disappeared for some reason, we are taking a look at it.

When you change between graphs (double click on them in the Explorer or right click "Display outputs in 3D view") any outputs that are not used in the current graph still show in the 3D view as the old outputs. So say your last graph had an AO output and the graph you just opened dus not, the old graphs AO output is still being displayed on the model in the 3D view...

Ok, we'll try to change this behavior.

After working for a while any copped or duplicated nodes just stop working. They say 0seconds and never update in the 2D view.

This one is very strange.. What kind of node were you manipulating ? Did you make any functions with division by any chance ? Out of curiosity, was the "white noise" involved ?

After getting frustrated I tried exiting Substance Designer and reopening it... well now looks like SD can no longer be reopened after you just closed the program. I had to restart my computer just so I could start SD again.

Sometimes, SD takes some time to actually close (take a look at the task manager).
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Yah I was going back and forth from the root graph and into an FX node with a very large function graph that I had been working on. So I am pretty sure there where a few divisions in the logic.

The first node that went blank and zero time was the Normal Color node and then the Uniform Color node after that it seamed to affect any node I copied and pasted or duplicated.

After restarting SD and then the computer the copied/duplicated nodes that where saved worked fine.

I did check the task manager and SD was not on the list.

Thanks for all your help.

^^

This problem can happen in case you make a 0 division. It should be safe but it looks like in some cases it breaks the engine and requires a restart of the application.

A system restart should not be necessary though.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Cool thanks for your help!

I love what you all are doing.

^^