Author Topic: Can not import Designer 6 .sbsar files in Painter 2.4.1? (Solved)  (Read 5326 times)

The title basically says all. When I try to import the .sbsar files from Substance Designer 6, I get an error in Substance Painter 2.4.1 saying  -"Version_Test.sbsar" cannot be imported as 'basematerial'-

Just to test it I created a simple setup both in SD6 (didn't work) and SD5 (works).
Is this a known compatibility issue or am I just missing something? If so, I can provide my .sbs and .sbsar
Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 12:14:37 pm

Same here!
Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:32:11 am

Hi all,

The engine of Designer 6 is not compatible with painter 2.4.1 yet.
Painter team is working on it.
You can switch the compatibility mode in 'Edit'->'preferences'->projects'->'compatibility mode', here choose 'Substance Engine v5'
This mode highlight filters which are not compatible with the v5 engine.
You will be able to export a sbsar which will work with the current version of Painter. 
QA Analyst

Thanks a lot Celine.....next time when "merde" like this happens (Pardon my French). maybe communicate first release later....would have saved me some frustration (and time).

But all forgiven and forgotton......I'll start texturing in SD instaid of SP, since I wanted to master that anyway so now is a good time to start!

Greets, Ed.

Thanks a lot Celine.....next time when "merde" like this happens (Pardon my French). maybe communicate first release later....would have saved me some frustration (and time).

But all forgiven and forgotton......I'll start texturing in SD instaid of SP, since I wanted to master that anyway so now is a good time to start!

Greets, Ed.

Hi Ed,

The Substance Engine 6 support is coming to Painter 2.5. That release is very soon (as in tomorrow)  : )

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Okay, just tested it with painter 2.5 and everything is perfect. I guess I am just too impatient when it comes to using new Substance tools  ;D

Yeps, I've downloaded it ASAP and it works......small tip Wes.....release dependent software first :-), saves me a smal cardiac arrest and some vile cursing. Back to business (which is modelling a small cathedral < and there is no such thing a small regarding cathedrals).

Greets Ed, a yet again happy chappy!