Author Topic: Maya Substance problem  (Read 12635 times)

I'm personally using Maya 2016, Windows 8.  My maya is a student version.

Thanks Kevin. Can you please try this version?

Cheers,

wes

Thanks Wes,

Using Maya 2016 Student Version on Win 7. The Bug with the Diffuse Substance Node spamming is gone with the Version you just posted. I'll also test the other problems I had before.

Regards Michael

Hi,
I did some tests. This is what I found:

– If I don't create a base color output node in Substance Designer, the sbsar file works in Maya (not perfectly, but those problems are manageable, just a few clicks.) I used the latest Substance plug-in with Maya 2016.

– If I create a super simple sbsar file (it contains only one base output node, source texture: Grunge Map 001 generator) don't work. (Makes those weird diffuse node duplications.)

Cheers, D
Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:56:05 pm
I'm an Environment Artist and R&D Generalist at Digic Pictures

Just tried opacity and blend modes separately!  It works!  No problems yet on my first two substances I've tried!  This is great!  Thank you guys for the quick response time.

In the future, how do I make sure that my plugins aren't out of date?

Awesome! Glad that worked. I will update the plugins in this thread. These will be more up to date that what is provided by Autodesk in Maya.
https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=7075.0

Cheers,

wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi Will, I asked this question once before (on the thread where the updated plugin is hosted), do you provide updated plugins for the OS X versions of Maya, I've only seen Windows versions posted?

Many thanks in advance.

jm

Hi Will, I asked this question once before (on the thread where the updated plugin is hosted), do you provide updated plugins for the OS X versions of Maya, I've only seen Windows versions posted?

Many thanks in advance.

jm

Hi Jonathan,

I'm sorry for this issue. We are working on a updating the plugins now and there was a few issues that needed to get updated. I will upload the latest builds very soon to the sticky thread.

Cheers,
Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hi Jonathan,

I'm sorry for this issue. We are working on a updating the plugins now and there was a few issues that needed to get updated. I will upload the latest builds very soon to the sticky thread.

Cheers,
Wes

Many thanks for the update. I thought this might be the situation.

Hi Jonathan,

Cheers,
Wes

Many thanks for the update. I thought this might be the situation.

I just updated the beta plugin sticky thread with the latest versions for Mac and PC.

Cheers,
Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Thank you. The new plugin is great.
Cheers, D
I'm an Environment Artist and R&D Generalist at Digic Pictures

Would it possible to upload Maya 2017 plugin for windows?

I am getting the same error with the plugin available on Allegorithmic website.

"Substance error in g_ReadPackageFile, can't load .sbsrar"

Plugin detail : http://imgur.com/tHa3nmv

Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:35:24 pm

Hi,

On our site we do provide the 2017 version. At the download page, the download button for maya is the 2017 version. The link under the maya description is for previous versions. Were you able to get the 2017 version, but are getting an error?

Cheers,
Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hi all,

I'm not sure if it's my ignorance or if I'm just having trouble seeing the solution, but I'm having trouble with the substance plugin within Maya. I'm running Maya 2017 (Student Version) with the 2017 substance plugin.
The trouble I'm having is that whenever I create an instance of the substance node, and then try to change the workflow to PBR the actual tab isn't visible in the editor on the right.
Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

Hi,

On our site we do provide the 2017 version. At the download page, the download button for maya is the 2017 version. The link under the maya description is for previous versions. Were you able to get the 2017 version, but are getting an error?

Cheers,
Wes

Hello Wes,

thanks for your reply. Yes, I have downloaded the plugin from
I am getting the same error with the plugin available on Allegorithmic website and I am getting "Substance error in g_ReadPackageFile, can't load .sbsrar" error whenever I try to load a .sbsar file in Maya 2017.

Thanks,
Chayan

Hey Chayan,

What is the install location of your Maya folder? By default, the plug-in will install at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\plug-ins, but if the location of the Maya folder is changed, some scripts may end up in the wrong place.

Hi all,

I'm not sure if it's my ignorance or if I'm just having trouble seeing the solution, but I'm having trouble with the substance plugin within Maya. I'm running Maya 2017 (Student Version) with the 2017 substance plugin.
The trouble I'm having is that whenever I create an instance of the substance node, and then try to change the workflow to PBR the actual tab isn't visible in the editor on the right.
Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

Hey Goldfire47,

I will look into the problems you are having with the Student version of Maya 2017 and our plug-in. Are you using the most current Maya 2017 plug-in from the Download/Buy page?

Yes I am.
I have re-downloaded it a few times now.