Author Topic: bug is apearing only in 2D mode  (Read 2906 times)

hardness is max but stroke is thin
bug is apearing only in 2D mode

When paitning in the 2D view, make sure you switch your brush Size Space to Texture instead of Object.

oops thnx

i have this problem!!!!!

I just updated SP and I am finding it also impossible to paint on the UV window, as the brush is jumping all around,  or moving only in a very small region of the UVs. I don't recall having problems with painting in the UVs, unless there's a new setting I am missing.

Painting in the 3D viewport is fine.

My UV window looks the same as the previous user's, and when I zoom in, the grey window gets small and disappears towards the bottom left of the screen.

Exact same problem: Can't paint anymore in the 2D view, same problem with "polygon fill". Everything is fine in the 3D view.

Same I"m having this bug as well. But there is a workaround for now. If you open the default "start painting" file from the startup window (the one with Meet Mat), and then from there create a new file, it will fix your 2D view.

Sucks I know but that's what I've been doing for now.
3D art is magic.

Same problem.  Can't paint in the UV space at all. 

Same I"m having this bug as well. But there is a workaround for now. If you open the default "start painting" file from the startup window (the one with Meet Mat), and then from there create a new file, it will fix your 2D view.

Sucks I know but that's what I've been doing for now.

It looks as if this only works for new projects.  I have files with up to 40-50 layers, and loading them up, after loading "Meet Mat" doesn't work. 

So I did some testing because I too was suffering from the UVs being placed in a tiny corner of the paint window and negating the ability to paint on it. It seems to only happen with OBJ files for me. FBX files seem to work without issue. I don't know why the OBJ is being read the way it is.

I have this bug as well, existing files seem to be working normal however new files seem to suffer from the same problem.

Yeah, I do export in obj, but if I try to reimport an FBX file, in place of obj, the import fails. 

looks like the same issue https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,25574.0.html

Two methods :

First method is downgrading your substance version to 2018.2.1 until the next update.

If you're not using steam, you can download any older build from the licenses tab in your Allegorithmic account.

If you're using Steam, here's an easy tutorial : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1086279994

The ID you'll need :
APP ID : 744570
Depot ID : 744571
Manifest ID : 1773307442703199345

(1.5Gb download)

Second method (that i didn't test) found on this forum by maugerpierre :

Before creating a new project, open an ancient one (a clean one!). THEN, you create a new one. It works for me... And the new project is now clean (so far...).

For those who have a broken project :

Open the broken project and export a smart material with everything in the layer box.
Open an ancient project, THEN create a new one with the object of the broken project. The new project will be clean.
Drop the smart mat in the layer box.

looks like the same issue https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,25574.0.html

Two methods :

First method is downgrading your substance version to 2018.2.1 until the next update.

Drop the smart mat in the layer box.[/i]

Am I right in assuming if I downgrade to the earlier build, I lose my current work that I have already opened and saved in the newest build?

You won't be able to open a file saved in the newest version.

Thought so.  Will wait for the update.  I don't usually paint on the UV map or 3D space, anyway.  Making preset bitmap masks works in a less permanent way.  Still, looking forward to the update.