Author Topic: 2:1 texture size in 2d view  (Read 4325 times)

Hi guys, I'm looking at substance painter for integration into our workflow and have a query about using rectangular 2:1 UV's in Painter. As we work a series of 2:1 UV layout on our projects.

When I import the mesh the 2D view squashes the texture page to a 1:1 square. Setting the 'TextureSet Settings' to 4096 *2048 has no affect, though setting the' UV Scale' tiling for each layer to a 2:1 scale does work it's a bit of a hassle. Should the prior not preset the latter?

I've attached some images to try and show the issue.

Is there a better way of doing this that I'm missing or is it something coming in the future?

For the moment the 2D View is blocked to a square preview, even if the textures behind are non-square. It's just a display issue that we didn't solved yet.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thank you for the reply.

I'll work around it by increasing the texture page to 4k*4k and leave the bottom half empty, create a duplicate UV set to match.

This should get me the correct pixel ratio; I can then snip that bit off in Photoshop later.

Painter does too much good work to let 5 min of extra work this stop me using it :)

For the moment the 2D View is blocked to a square preview, even if the textures behind are non-square. It's just a display issue that we didn't solved yet.
Still not fixed it seems?.. It's two years later now.... Fix bugs first, add features later, guys.
Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:50:38 pm

This IS a feature, haha.

But seriously guys, can you please get this moving so i don't have to paint on squashed textures? All my artists are complaining about it.

it's about time, that 2D viewport allows for non square textures

+1 here, would be very beneficial to have textures in 2D viewport appear in their proper aspect ratio instead of always as a square