Author Topic: [SOLVED]how to view basecolor only, like Substance Painter's solo view mode  (Read 6732 times)

May I way to view basecolor or roughness only, in substance designer 3d view?
Sometimes I want to see not shaded texture like Substance Painter's solo view mode.
Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:20:11 am

Hey trhunter,

this is possible, indeed, but it isn't as intuitive as in Substance Painter right now.
To view a single output in Substance Designer, you need to turn off all those you don't want to see.

You can do that by clicking on Materials -> Default -> Channels in the 3D view toolbar.
Turn off the channels you do not want to see. You can keep those turned on you are not using anyway, of course.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hey trhunter,

this is possible, indeed, but it isn't as intuitive as in Substance Painter right now.
To view a single output in Substance Designer, you need to turn off all those you don't want to see.

You can do that by clicking on Materials -> Default -> Channels in the 3D view toolbar.
Turn off the channels you do not want to see. You can keep those turned on you are not using anyway, of course.

Best Regards

Hi, Fabian F.
Your hint works for me that I want and I found my workflow:)
I have turn off all channels, and only turn on emissive. Then I have temporarily connect my base color(or roughness, metalness, etc) to emissive.
I can see my no-shaded textures in 3D view.
Thank you very much.
Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:19:53 am

Would be great to have this feature as a single click based on currently active map.

Please voice your support for this here:

https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,17987.0.html