Author Topic: Maya Updated Plugins  (Read 22062 times)

Hi,

Here are the updated versions of the Maya plugin. These versions have not been integrated into Maya and they are considered to be beta at this time. These plugins contain the support for Substance Engine 5. They also introduce the new PBR workflow. For Maya 2016, you can use the PBR mode to create PBR outputs that hook into the Stingray PBR shader.

BUILD UPDATE:
substance_plugin-maya - 1.2.1.0-rc0
*we now add an installer for both mac and windows for easy installation and updates.

Cheers,
Wes
Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:11:51 pm
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Are the Maya plugins updated for OS X too or does that only happen on the annual ADSK revision?

Glad I found this thread :)

Nothing ever works as I'd imagine it so:

MAC OSX Maya 2016

Okay I replaced the previous Substance Plugin located in Applications/maya2016/plugins/substance

But I'm getting an error

// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : /Applications/Autodesk/maya2016/plug-ins/substance/plug-ins/Substance.bundle
dlopen(/Applications/Autodesk/maya2016/plug-ins/substance/plug-ins/Substance.bundle, 1): Library not loaded: @loader_path/libsubstance_linker.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2016/plug-ins/substance/plug-ins/Substance.bundle
  Reason: image not found //
// Error: line 1: dlopen(/Applications/Autodesk/maya2016/plug-ins/substance/plug-ins/Substance.bundle, 1): Library not loaded: @loader_path/libsubstance_linker.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2016/plug-ins/substance/plug-ins/Substance.bundle
  Reason: image not found (Substance) //
Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:00:45 pm

Nothing ever works as I'd imagine it so:

MAC OSX Maya 2016

Okay I replaced the previous Substance Plugin located in Applications/maya2016/plugins/substance

But I'm getting an error

// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : /Applications/Autodesk/maya2016/plug-ins/substance/plug-ins/Substance.bundle
dlopen(/Applications/Autodesk/maya2016/plug-ins/substance/plug-ins/Substance.bundle, 1): Library not loaded: @loader_path/libsubstance_linker.1.dylib
// Error: line 1: dlopen(/Applications/Autodesk/maya2016/plug-ins/substance/plug-ins/Substance.bundle, 1): Library not loaded: @loader_path/libsubstance_linker.1.dylib

Hi,

On Mac OS, you need to right-click the maya.app and choose "Show Package Contents," then go to the modules folder and add the substance.mod file. I would not overwrite the files, but instead place an "_" to the substance folder in "Plug-ins folder" and the substance.mod file. This way you can go back to the previous version.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

I would not overwrite the files, but instead place an "_" to the substance folder in "Plug-ins folder" and the substance.mod file. This way you can go back to the previous version.

THANK YOU SO MUCH WES FOR A RESPONSE.  :)

But, I'm not following your instructions.
Put all three of these characters "_" where exactly?

Are you asking me to rename files?
If so can you just write how they should be labeled?

Such as
 Rename the substance folder to read:
"Substance"

Because I'm really lost.

I would not overwrite the files, but instead place an "_" to the substance folder in "Plug-ins folder" and the substance.mod file. This way you can go back to the previous version.

THANK YOU SO MUCH WES FOR A RESPONSE.  :)

But, I'm not following your instructions.
Put all three of these characters "_" where exactly?

Are you asking me to rename files?
If so can you just write how they should be labeled?

Such as
 Rename the substance folder to read:
"Substance"

Because I'm really lost.

HI,

In the zip file you have a modules and plug-ins folder. You will need to add these files to your maya install directory. However, you shouldn't just overwrite the files.

Go to Applications/Autodesk/maya/plug-ins and rename the substance folder to "substance_" This way you don't overwrite it. Then drag the substance folder from the plug-ins folder in the zip to this location.
Next, right-click on the Maya.app file and choose show package contents. Then in the modules folder, rename the substance.mod file to "substance_.mod" so that you don't overwrite it. Then, take the substance.mod file from the modules folder in the zip file and add to this location.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

I'm also getting the same error if i try to load the plugin via the plugin-manager (Maya2016).

Code: [Select]
PluginManager;
# Error: pymel : Failed to get controlCommand list from Substance #
# Error: pymel : Failed to get modelEditorCommand list from Substance #
# Error: pymel : Failed to get command list from Substance #
# Error: pymel : Failed to get constraintCommand list from Substance #
# Error: pymel.core : Failed to get depend nodes list from Substance #

Could this be a problem with the «@loader_path»? 

Thanks,
Sacha

I'm also getting the same error if i try to load the plugin via the plugin-manager (Maya2016).

Code: [Select]
PluginManager;
# Error: pymel : Failed to get controlCommand list from Substance #
# Error: pymel : Failed to get modelEditorCommand list from Substance #
# Error: pymel : Failed to get command list from Substance #
# Error: pymel : Failed to get constraintCommand list from Substance #
# Error: pymel.core : Failed to get depend nodes list from Substance #

Could this be a problem with the «@loader_path»? 

Thanks,
Sacha

Hi Sacha,

Is this for the OSX version?

Cheers,
Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hi Wes

Yes it's the OSX Version of Maya 2016.

Thanks
Sacha

Hi Wes

Yes it's the OSX Version of Maya 2016.

Thanks
Sacha

HI Sacha,

I'm sorry for this issue. Thanks for reporting it as well. I will talk with the devs to get it sorted and post back with updated plugins.

Cheers,
Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Thanks for your help :-)

Have a nice weekend...
Sacha

I been trying to get plug in to work with maya 2016 ext 1 +Sp3. however it has been a moderate pain in the butt,  in fact I just got it to work without issue, now i am getting another issue currently. I click on the color of my phong material and it goes to Diffuse_substance2 where it says node state is normal, in color black, and in alpha is 0.000 seems broken. thoughts?

// Warning: line 2210: The default image may not be modified. Use the -i/image flag instead. //
// File read in  2.3 seconds.
optionVar -sv colorManagementColorPickerColorSpaceSelection "Rendering Space";
optionVar -iv colorManagementColorPickerColorMgtEnabled 1;
closeNodeEditorEd hyperShadePrimaryNodeEditor;
select -r polySurface10 ;
hilite polySurface10 ;
select -r polySurface10.f[12] ;
select -r polySurface10.f[11] ;
defaultNavigation -defaultTraversal -destination "phong4.color";
// Diffuse_substance2 //
evalDeferred( "showEditor Diffuse_substance2");
defaultNavigation -defaultTraversal -destination "phong4.color";
// Diffuse_substance2 //
evalDeferred( "showEditor Diffuse_substance2");

now I am getting this whenever I go to select a substance 2D file in maya

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/plug-ins/substance/scripts/AEsubstanceTemplate.mel line 1729: No object matches name: substance4.workflow //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/plug-ins/substance/scripts/AEsubstanceTemplate.mel line 1729: No object matches name: substance4.workflow //
# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/plug-ins/substance/scripts/AEsubstanceTemplate.mel line 1710: ValueError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\plug-ins\substance\scripts\SubstanceHelpers.py line 31: No object matches name: substance4.workflow #

then I pick a fresh Phong material and I get this now. I am using maya 2016 Ext 1 + SP5

# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/plug-ins/substance/scripts/AEsubstanceTemplate.mel line 1710: ValueError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\plug-ins\substance\scripts\SubstanceHelpers.py line 31: No object matches name: substance5.workflow #
# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/plug-ins/substance/scripts/AEsubstanceTemplate.mel line 1710: ValueError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\plug-ins\substance\scripts\SubstanceHelpers.py line 31: No object matches name: substance5.workflow #