Author Topic: Painter crash on startup.  (Read 2888 times)

OK, i have NO idea how i did it. but i removed everything that SP was loading. every .sbs and .sbar file and moved it somewhere else. now when i load in a new folder and use it as a shelf everything works...
might be worth adding some sort of file in SP like a config file that lets you remove any references that SP is making to files other than the ones it installs its self.

We fixed an issue internally related to something like that, so hopefully the next build of painter will get rid of this problem. :)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

cool, sorry to have been such a pain!

the thing that is confusing me is why the report system isnt working..

Having the same issue. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Painter multiple times (by the way, when uninstalling, it leaves the folder it created in My Documents, so I tried deleting that manually too before reinstalling)- no luck. :( :(

just tried installing the previous version. Still a problem. It might be a custom shelf issue. I tried to point it to all the materials in my Designer folder and set it to load that shelf as default. But now it won't stay open long enough for me to change it. And why isn't that setting getting reset when I uninstall is a mystery to me.

How'd you fix it? I don't want to get rid of all the materials I have :(

Ok, fixed it. Had to launch Regedit (never used that before) and search for "Painter" and found a whole bunch of folders that I then deleted. Now it works when I installed it again.

Sorry for the troubles guys, the next version of Painter will be available soon.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.