Author Topic: Painter crash on startup.  (Read 2889 times)

Hi guys,

I have returned once more with the same issue i have had numerous times before. SP crashes on startup. it worked fine before being updated to the latest version. something that changed in SP is now killing it on startup. i sent off a crash report.

I wasn't able to find your crash report, what e-mail did you use when sending it (you can answer by PM if you want some privacy) ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

still cant get SP to start, i sent a PM froyok, still not got a crash report?

Hey there, the only crash report I have found with the e-mail you mentioned (in your e-mail) is from May 2015 and with Painter 1.3.4. I doubt you are still using this version right ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

hahah, nope. ill try again. i wonder why you are not getting them....

Sent another report just now. it said sent on the dialogue box so you should get it?

I saw 4 crash reports in our database dated from yesterday and today, but no sign of yours.
You are using 1.5.7 right ? If you use a previous version the crash report system doesn't work for them.
-----------

ok, just tried again. this time using the standalone version rather than the steam version.
just so you know i cleared out the shelf etc. and both the steam and standalone versions are crashing.

-----------

how weird. i wonder why its not sending.
here is the log file

Thanks for the log file. Looks like everything is fine on this side.

just so you know i cleared out the shelf etc.
What do you mean exactly by that ?
Also did you setup a custom shelf in the past ?
-----------

i renamed the whole "substance painter" folder in the documents folder that holds all that stuff. so it made a new clean folder. so it should therefore have cleared it out. if i had made a custom shelf how would i get rid of it (i dont think i had but just in case).

Hey blake_guyan,

in Edit -> Settings -> Shelf you can find all the 'installed' shelves.
If you have created a custom shelf, it will show up there and you should be able to uninstall it again.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

i cant open the program.

do you guys have any ideas? ive deleted all the local folders, ive cleared out the shelf data that i could actually access. i cant figure it out...

and there was nothing in the log to indicate why it was crashing?