Author Topic: How to export tiling substance from Designer to Painter?  (Read 1270 times)

I made a material in Designer and exported it as a Sbsar. When I tried to apply it to a plane that I imported into Painter, the scale was off. Is there a way to find out what numbers to use in the scale factor to have it be 1 instance of the image across the entire plane?

Hey gosusorai,

your UVs need to be laid out properly. Substance Painter will always lay out the textures in the 0-1 space. If your UV is not using the full space, the texture will be cut a bit.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

I'm working on modular pieces and I have a few pieces in one UV. Is this not an optimal way to do it? Wouldn't making a UV just for a single tiling piece be too costly once they start to add up?

Hey gosusorai,

I would just adjust the tiling of the texture, instead of messing around with the UVs. You just won't get the exact same result as in the 2D view from Substance Designer.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Alright, I've been messing around with it for a bit now but I can't get it to tile seamlessly when I put multiple pieces of the slate roof together. It looks like I will have to go with the original suggestion and just make it its own material separate from the rest. Thank you for the feedback.